+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Poaching our young players

Poaching our young players

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...l-man-20876947
    Something needs to be done. Some of the Man City kids are on 30k a week, Dawson was on 20k till he got a new contract , I bet Townsand's only on about 10k a week.

It’s becoming stupid now.

They need to put a cap on the number of players allowed at a club like they do in the NFL.

There should also be a salary cap as to the total each club can pay out in wages in expenditure.

Protection should be also added so that if a youth team player is poached a £10million fee is payable if that player makes the first team squad or is sold onto another club.

That’ll focus their minds a bit more.

it is totally wrong that this can be done of stealing young players and something has to be done about it.No wonder I hate these big clubs so much.The question is why have a youth set up if the powers that be allow them to leave for peanuts.So much i want to say about this but I can,t think of the words at the moment Disgust for now will do.

COYB

The big money has undoubtedly ruined the great game. Albion and England games are pretty much all I watch now.
    Thank Sky.

Can’t agree more with the above comments, started with Izzy brown to Chelsea, the governing body should make new rules but as there in the pockets of the big clubs they do sweet FA . The baggies should sign these players on proper contracts the minute they look anything above a league 1 player , just to cover there backsides.

COYB

Have said it on here before. I cannot understand why a club like Albion spends £millions on an Academy only for the best prospects to be continuously poached by the big clubs for peanuts. Apparently it’s even cheaper for clubs in Europe to poach them - and the same for ours to poach from Europe. It makes no business sense to me.

Its been the same since time began. The system is maintained to reward a select few.

The simple answer is to limit the number of youth players allowed at each club, the big clubs are ruining the careers of some players before they even start because they have no chance of making it with the amount of players already at the club but i also blame the parents and agents who only see £ signs for their kids to be at big clubs and don't think about their long term career.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)