+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionmad View Post
    This article is about 6 years old, findings based on midlands which does have a higher population of asians. What was the race of the examiners, instructors? You can’t generalize all asians or other races because of this. The keyword in the article.. ‘gangs’ and i’m sure they all come in all races and creeds that would do anything to break the law.
    I was in sparkbrook for a curry earlier this year, an area known for high population of pakistanis. That main road, had no civil order whatsoever.. traffic lights? Yeah what are they? It was as if the place was ruled by gangs for no respect to the highway code. Is it because they are pakistani the reason for causing this or lack of traffic policing? No deterrents whatsoever, people parking on double yellow lines. I wish I had a bulldozer to squash those cars parked on a double yellow.

I drive all over England and Wales , 26k since May , the driving standards are very poor all over the country, lorry drivers used to be a shining beacon of driving skill , but in the last 5 years or so they seem to have become as bad as the rest of us , I tend to lose my shyte at least two or three times a day due to some moron .my top 3 gripes are

1/Filter lanes , if you push in after driving past all the patient queued traffic , number one, your causing the patient drivers you’ve pushed in front of a longer wait , number 2 , why do you think your more important than me or anyone else in the queue, number 3 , it makes you a very naughty word starting with c

2/Under taking , it’s illegal, it’s very dangerous especially on days like today when visibility is poor , I have a huge blind spot on my passenger side in the van if I’m undertaken I could literally not see you , (I do check vigorously before I start moving)

3/If the motorway has a Red Cross above that lane on the over head gantries, that lane is closed !!!! It’s not to allow you to drive down it to get in front of the other people stuck in the jam , I believe this is also illegal. I was stuck in a huge jam between junction 7 and junction 6 , the motorway was closed due to an accident just before 6 , the outside lane had red x’s above it , we had moron after moron going past us , blocking the outside lane , it prevented the recovery lorry driving down the outside lane to get to the wreck that was blocking the motorway, probably held the traffic up for another hour , clever bunch I’d say , if anyone reading this was one of those people blocking the motorway , then see number 3 of gripe 1 as you are one of these .

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I think you have to laugh at this statement BS, just the sheer stupidity of saying that i’d be embarrassed to come back on here to post. It is just plain dumb. It is like saying my work colleague James Parker didn’t really pass his test, he got his his relative Andrew Parker to take the test for him.. so the silly driving test centre didn’t get suspicious with the Forename not matching the photo ID? Like I said laugh at the stupidity of the person, but i’m with you BS it’s silly.
    Regis i normally would but i think it was an accumulation of silly/offensive posts that got my goat

Quote Originally Posted by Jimb072 View Post
    I drive all over England and Wales , 26k since May , the driving standards are very poor all over the country, lorry drivers used to be a shining beacon of driving skill , but in the last 5 years or so they seem to have become as bad as the rest of us , I tend to lose my shyte at least two or three times a day due to some moron .my top 3 gripes are

1/Filter lanes , if you push in after driving past all the patient queued traffic , number one, your causing the patient drivers you’ve pushed in front of a longer wait , number 2 , why do you think your more important than me or anyone else in the queue, number 3 , it makes you a very naughty word starting with c

2/Under taking , it’s illegal, it’s very dangerous especially on days like today when visibility is poor , I have a huge blind spot on my passenger side in the van if I’m undertaken I could literally not see you , (I do check vigorously before I start moving)

3/If the motorway has a Red Cross above that lane on the over head gantries, that lane is closed !!!! It’s not to allow you to drive down it to get in front of the other people stuck in the jam , I believe this is also illegal. I was stuck in a huge jam between junction 7 and junction 6 , the motorway was closed due to an accident just before 6 , the outside lane had red x’s above it , we had moron after moron going past us , blocking the outside lane , it prevented the recovery lorry driving down the outside lane to get to the wreck that was blocking the motorway, probably held the traffic up for another hour , clever bunch I’d say , if anyone reading this was one of those people blocking the motorway , then see number 3 of gripe 1 as you are one of these .
    I agree with all you say Jimbo.

I will say one thing about undertaking though........I’m guilty of this when I get some complete moron tootling along in the outside lane of a dual carriageway at 40mph with nothing on their inside for a half a mile in front.

If people can drive as brain dead as that they deserve to be undertaken Jim.

I also get p I s s e d off at artic drivers in average speed camera stretches where the limit is showing as 50mph yet even though I’m doing 49-50 they are right up my chuff flashing their lights four feet from my a r s e end!

Do speed cameras not pick up your lot Jim?

Why do they do this?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I agree with all you say Jimbo.

I will say one thing about undertaking though........I’m guilty of this when I get some complete moron tootling along in the outside lane of a dual carriageway at 40mph with nothing on their inside for a half a mile in front.

If people can drive as brain dead as that they deserve to be undertaken Jim.

I also get p I s s e d off at artic drivers in average speed camera stretches where the limit is showing as 50mph yet even though I’m doing 49-50 they are right up my chuff flashing their lights four feet from my a r s e end!

Do speed cameras not pick up your lot Jim?

Why do they do this?
    I’m not a lorry driver mick , I’m in a white van , (I’m very polite one though) but I’ve noticed the same thing on average speed cameras, lorry drivers seem to be able to get up to at least 56/57 in a 50mph stretch.and because I’m in a van if they come and sit on my bumper it’s easier to ignore them ,

Fair point about undertaking when there’s a slow coach in the outside lane , I think I’ve done the same if the truth be told .

COYB

I blame sat-navs for the poor standard of driving these days some drivers are so obsessed looking at them they haven't got a clue whats going on around them there is also a lack of patience from some drivers which also doesn't help the overall standard of driving.

It was my mum's funeral last Tuesday (she was 98 & had a great life) but we were going to Robin Hood Cemetery in Solihull when my daughters & nieces who were travelling in the last limo got horned (presumably for travelling too slowly!) Total tosse*s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)