+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General footballing talking points?

He can't even get in the side before tammy! No no no

Tammy is king. Well to us he is.
    Would Wes get into Cheleas team?

Re. Giroud. No from me, as we would have to break the bank for his wages.
    No point in signing another target man, seeing as we never manage to cross consistently. Consistent as in a 1 in 2 cross/set piece conversion rate. Sadly, CH is a 1 in 10/12, the others are probably worse.

Nah, for me, we need a livewire striker, who will harry and punish all these poor CBs. Not a high maintenance sulk bubble.

Someone like Bowen from Hull or that Puskas lad at Reading. Both can play wide and through the middle.

Was it right to drop Sterling? Should they both have been dropped. What was the point of being dropped. Should they both have been sent home?

Can players in the prem actually say they play too much football? Our next game is 10 days away leaving a 17 day, nearly 3 week gap. This is longer than the proposed Winter break???

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Was it right to drop Sterling? Should they both have been dropped. What was the point of being dropped. Should they both have been sent home?

Can players in the prem actually say they play too much football? Our next game is 10 days away leaving a 17 day, nearly 3 week gap. This is longer than the proposed Winter break???
    Sterling seems to be a player who needs to have an arm around him to get the best from him. He's not had the easiest upbringing from what I've read. Joe Gomez would flatten him in a fight. I'd have left them both at home, but Southgate has it sorted imo.

Over Xmas there is a game every 3 days for most teams 🎄👏🏻👏🏻 that's how it should be. Its the thing I miss most about the championship!

Giroud is not a target man. He is good in the air, yes but he is a skilled fox in the box too. Watch his 100 PL goals in YouTube!

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Sterling seems to be a player who needs to have an arm around him to get the best from him. He's not had the easiest upbringing from what I've read. Joe Gomez would flatten him in a fight. I'd have left them both at home, but Southgate has it sorted imo.

Over Xmas there is a game every 3 days for most teams ���������� that's how it should be. Its the thing I miss most about the championship!

Giroud is not a target man. He is good in the air, yes but he is a skilled fox in the box too. Watch his 100 PL goals in YouTube!
    78 goals in 10 seasons, for 2 traditionally top 4 teams.

He has done remarkably well to get into the PL 100 goals vid.

I would see him as atarget man, in open play with both afc and cfc.

Sterling/Gomez handled very poorly. Who leaked it? Neither should’ve been dropped. Should’ve stayed in-house, happens all the time.

Southgate is such a snowflake. Sucks up to the top 4/6. Stones is a liability, Maguire is a throwback clogger. Mings eats em both.

Winks is a vowel away from having the perfect name. Ox, not disciplined enough. Sancho? Mmmmmm. Maddison better than Jack? behave.

I think the jury is still out on Jack. He is going to have to score a few at places like old traffford to get noticed!
    Bang the winner on the televised game v Newcastle wood be a good start!

Utd sniffing again. 50 mill for SJM, it wont stop now and if SJM has a belter up at old trafford in a few weeks time with Fergy watching, he will press the button for utd to ask, what do you want for him? He will go. It sounds just like the antics of Fergy when he wanted Yorkie And he got him. Especially now he is a scotland regular who scores goals for both club and country.

The summer I reckon mate, and 50 mil is about right in the present market. I can see Mings and Jack going in the summer too.

As long as it's early in the window, pre Euros, we'll be ok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)