+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southgate tell fans to drop the arrogance.

Southgate tell fans to drop the arrogance.

We fans expect to win everything,So what does he do picks the youngest side ever for tonight’s game.We only need a point from two games to qualify,So pick your full team to night & get the job done & then pick your youngest side.Does not picking your strongest team against Montenegro smack as arrogance or is it just me.

No I don't think it's just you Lol
    It does smack of arrogance Yes get the job done first

I guess there's a reason he's the England manager?

That's a decent first half performance even taking into consideration the opposition are poor.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I guess there's a reason he's the England manager?
    Yes, probably the same reasons why Paul Warne’s ours.

7-0 now... and Mount was garbage before he was substituted

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    We fans expect to win everything,So what does he do picks the youngest side ever for tonight’s game.We only need a point from two games to qualify,So pick your full team to night & get the job done & then pick your youngest side.Does not picking your strongest team against Montenegro smack as arrogance or is it just me.
    Fella, going by tonight's performance it's just you......job done qualification completed. I think in today's game some folk think experience is a must to get through game when youth can do it also.

'You'll Never win anything with youth'.... oh how Alan Hansen came to regret those words....

It was kids. But I am pedantic

It wasn't that long ago when we used to struggle to beat teams like Montenegro. There was a 10-15 year period where England would often produce disappointing performances and struggle to deal with the technical ability of such teams, and end up drawing or scraping a win via a last gasp penalty after Owen dived in the box.
    These last 2 or 3 years under Southgate have been a breath of fresh air. I actually enjoy watching England again, maybe more than I ever have. I'm not sure we're ready to win a trophy yet, and maybe we never will be, but I think we're definitely good value for our current FIFA world ranking (4th last time I looked).

The next step is reaching a major final. But Holland and Italy are back in business, Spain look strong again, Germany will always be our tournament nemesis, France are strong and Portugal, well Ronaldo to be precise, you can't rule them out while ever that bloke is playing and still no sign of him letting up at what, 38?
    England are still in transition, our transition periods seem to go on for a long time while Spain, Holland and Germany are simply out with the old in with the new - a never ending conveyer belt of real talent. England are getting there.
    Peace.

If we’d played Henderson and Sterling we might have got 8 ffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast