+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article In The Yorkshire Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I remember when owners used to be into football for the football.
    This lot don't care about the manager, the team, the fans or the town or our culture.
    They did their best to blow our promotion push in January with the sale of Potts & Moncur.
    They signed nobody when it was obvious we needed a striker if nothing else.
    Then they followed it up with even worse transfer window in the summer.
    They know zero about the game and obviously aren't prepared to listen to anybody.
    National newspapers & TV pundits can all see what's glaringly obvious.
    They treated DS appallingly and didn't have the decency to thank him.
    No manager of any standing will take the job and work under their restraints.
    We're a rudderless ship heading towards the rocks with no hope of survival.
    The second richest owners in the Championship, they've just made a killing selling Nice and now they want to buy Partick Thistle.
    I'm too old now to get too up about it. Living 100 miles away the decision not to attend is an easy one.
    Football's not the game it once was. It's sold its soul & money has ruined it. Players, owners and administrators are all like pigs at a trough.
    I'd happily swap 1970's 4th division football for today's corrupt Championship fiasco.
    I can accept being **** if we've got no money and everything's above board.
    What I can't accept is a few mega rich Johnny Foreigners using BFC as a cash cow.

Totally agree. Football has become a corrupt shower of shyte. Av felt like this for a few years. Blatant play acting etc. A dont like the fans in the majority of cases, it's become happy clapping boring overpriced crap. Gone are the days when a blowk could express a few emotions. Tha does that nar tha just gets frowned at. There's nowhere to channel it ennymooar. The game has been sanitised and I can't identify it with working class folk like a used to. A like Old guy Steve on tykestv. Proper fan who likes to express himsen and talks sense. Dying breed unfortunately

Bring back nipsy that's a reyt game !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Bring back nipsy that's a reyt game !
    A relation of mine, Ron Darlow, worra reyt nipsy laiker up at 'Ikkam.

(And av p1ssed standing in the next urinal to Emlyn Hughes---smooak that ! )

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A relation of mine, Ron Darlow, worra reyt nipsy laiker up at 'Ikkam.

(And av p1ssed standing in the next urinal to Emlyn Hughes---smooak that ! )
    Well arr wunce represented tarn at Richard Dunn spooarts centre wennit fust oppund ( subbeuteo ) thu nokkin spooarts centre darn nar , did tha kno Richard Dunn wa fust boxer to suffa frum evvin a cauliflower arse ?
    beert that !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12