+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article In The Yorkshire Post

Article In The Yorkshire Post

Are the local media smelling the rat at long last .

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...one-1-10104345

The local media know it’s just the Radio Sheffield lot darent say anything

Don’t get on the wrong side of power mad Conway

Remember when no one cared who was in charge behind the scenes, no one cared about the financial status of a club... Remember when fans used to be into football for the football?

Some of the fans of this club are way more toxic than these current owners.

This isn't the first time we've had a squad of players not fit for the division we're in and it won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesp View Post
    Remember when no one cared who was in charge behind the scenes, no one cared about the financial status of a club... Remember when fans used to be into football for the football?

This isn't the first time we've had a squad of players not fit for the division we're in and it won't be the last.
    Fans have probably always cared who was in charge behind the scenes but back then there was no social media to make your comments known. Writing to the Chronicle was about your only option

I remember when owners used to be into football for the football.
    This lot don't care about the manager, the team, the fans or the town or our culture.
    They did their best to blow our promotion push in January with the sale of Potts & Moncur.
    They signed nobody when it was obvious we needed a striker if nothing else.
    Then they followed it up with even worse transfer window in the summer.
    They know zero about the game and obviously aren't prepared to listen to anybody.
    National newspapers & TV pundits can all see what's glaringly obvious.
    They treated DS appallingly and didn't have the decency to thank him.
    No manager of any standing will take the job and work under their restraints.
    We're a rudderless ship heading towards the rocks with no hope of survival.
    The second richest owners in the Championship, they've just made a killing selling Nice and now they want to buy Partick Thistle.
    I'm too old now to get too up about it. Living 100 miles away the decision not to attend is an easy one.
    Football's not the game it once was. It's sold its soul & money has ruined it. Players, owners and administrators are all like pigs at a trough.
    I'd happily swap 1970's 4th division football for today's corrupt Championship fiasco.
    I can accept being **** if we've got no money and everything's above board.
    What I can't accept is a few mega rich Johnny Foreigners using BFC as a cash cow.

Daniel Stendel is being mentioned by the Hibernian fans btw in Scotchland. What a co-incidence that would be eh... 2 former Barnsley managers (coaches) going there in the space of a few years lol.

Who originally came up with the claim that this is the best transfer window ever eh, and who (or why even) is it best for exactly ? !!.
    I agree with all of that Hodger about if we havent got a pot to pee in, but as long as we're at least trying our best etc.
    But it really grinds me when I/we know how much these people have, and while their finances shouldnt be the biggest issue here, they still apparently want to make money out of us regardless of what it does to us as a team, and what it does to the morale of us fans.

Good post Hodger I think it's the same thoughts from a lot of us who supported BFC in the 70s

Don't worry owd c@ck there will be 3 to 4k less toxic fans next season so you'll have Oakwell to yoursens to happily clap away .

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I remember when owners used to be into football for the football.
    This lot don't care about the manager, the team, the fans or the town or our culture.
    They did their best to blow our promotion push in January with the sale of Potts & Moncur.
    They signed nobody when it was obvious we needed a striker if nothing else.
    Then they followed it up with even worse transfer window in the summer.
    They know zero about the game and obviously aren't prepared to listen to anybody.
    National newspapers & TV pundits can all see what's glaringly obvious.
    They treated DS appallingly and didn't have the decency to thank him.
    No manager of any standing will take the job and work under their restraints.
    We're a rudderless ship heading towards the rocks with no hope of survival.
    The second richest owners in the Championship, they've just made a killing selling Nice and now they want to buy Partick Thistle.
    I'm too old now to get too up about it. Living 100 miles away the decision not to attend is an easy one.
    Football's not the game it once was. It's sold its soul & money has ruined it. Players, owners and administrators are all like pigs at a trough.
    I'd happily swap 1970's 4th division football for today's corrupt Championship fiasco.
    I can accept being **** if we've got no money and everything's above board.
    What I can't accept is a few mega rich Johnny Foreigners using BFC as a cash cow.
    Great post Hodger , nail hit on the head .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Daniel Stendel is being mentioned by the Hibernian fans btw in Scotchland. What a co-incidence that would be eh... 2 former Barnsley managers (coaches) going there in the space of a few years lol.

Who originally came up with the claim that this is the best transfer window ever eh, and who (or why even) is it best for exactly ? !!.
    I agree with all of that Hodger about if we havent got a pot to pee in, but as long as we're at least trying our best etc.
    But it really grinds me when I/we know how much these people have, and while their finances shouldnt be the biggest issue here, they still apparently want to make money out of us regardless of what it does to us as a team, and what it does to the morale of us fans.
    They appointed Jack Ross yisterdi Acido.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast