+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wednesdays in trouble.

Cool Wednesdays in trouble.

EFL have charged them with financial fair play rules by selling their ground,didn't think £2-50p would cause that much trouble.

Following a formal investigation into financial information provided by Sheffield Wednesday in relation to the Club’s 2017/18 Profitability and Sustainability (P&S) submission, the EFL has today issued a number of charges relating to alleged breaches of EFL Rules.

Earlier this year the EFL launched an investigation into the Club’s financial submission for the period ending July 2018 under the relevant P&S Rules following the completion of the sale of Hillsborough Stadium.

The EFL has reviewed a large number of documents obtained from the Club as part of this process and concluded there is sufficient evidence to justify issuing charges of Misconduct. The charges are in respect of a number of allegations regarding the process of how and when the stadium was sold and the inclusion of the profits in the 2017/18 accounts.

All charges will be considered by an independent Disciplinary Commission and, if the charges are proven, the Commission can impose any of the sanctions set out in EFL Regulation 92.2.

The EFL Board has previously agreed and communicated with all Championship Clubs a set of sanctioning guidelines, but the Commission, under EFL Regulations, has the ability to invoke a full range of sanctions should the breach be confirmed.

The EFL continues to review the Club’s 2018/19 P&S submissions.

As these matters are now subject to proceedings, the EFL will be making no further comment at this time.

Sabre rattling, nothing will come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Sabre rattling, nothing will come of it.
    A bit fishy though

Birmingham got a ten point deduction for it.

Remind me who their manager was at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    A bit fishy though
    Yes it is.

But I think Wednesday have a good chance of getting away with it. They seem to have found a loophole in the EFL rules.

Yes it is.

But I think Wednesday have a good chance of getting away with it. They seem to have found a loophole in the EFL rules.
    I suppose that's why lawyers get paid good money. Finding loopholes to exploit is very lucrative I'd imagine.

Here's a thought. Why don't the EFL employ a lawyer? One that will help it do its job right?

I suppose that's why lawyers get paid good money. Finding loopholes to exploit is very lucrative I'd imagine.

Here's a thought. Why don't the EFL employ a lawyer? One that will help it do its job right?
    They probably do, but equally they will want to keep costs down by not having to use their very expensive services.

I think the problem lies with the weakness in the EFLs own rules.

They probably do, but equally they will want to keep costs down by not having to use their very expensive services.

I think the problem lies with the weakness in the EFLs own rules.

Those same rules that are set out and voted on by the chairperson of each club?

There lies the problem. Successful business people in charge of football clubs who know every weasely way around the rules of business doing the same with football.

Those same rules that are set out and voted on by the chairperson of each club?

There lies the problem. Successful business people in charge of football clubs who know every weasely way around the rules of business doing the same with football.
    Yep that's about right.

Plus football now spends a lot of time on "social issues"

Taking their eye off the ball as they say in Badpunland

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast