+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Albion 5 United 5

Chris we had a season ticket in the old Rainbow stand when we qualified for Europe, we are always Brummie Rd but we were flying high and we wanted to be sure of tickets for the big games.
    We beat Man Utd 4-0, some United lads had got into the rainbow stand and were standing in the aisle by me. We went 3-0 up after half an hour, they decided they had seen enough and left, the one said to me, "I bet you don't get double figures." Proper United fans, i saw them again when i went to OT.
    The year of the cup game was 1978 Dubag. We went in the Europa Lodge after the game, now the Park Inn, and there were some reds in there. One said to me, Wish we had your left back, i said, Yeah, so do 90 other clubs.

The year of the cup game was 1978 Dubag.

Cheers for that 55....it brings back memories indeed...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Myq6SgU2dI
    Last edited by Dubbag; 15-11-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Just watched that 3-5 game for the ump**** time......think it is my all time best memory in English football with The Albion...
    All Baggie goals were pure delight....but the last one by Cyril was sublime...especially the pass by A Brown.....
    What a cracking time that was..
    Pure silky football.......

I went to Old Trafford for the 3-5 match which great. But for me the 1968 home game Albion 6 - United 3 was better, Astle's hat trick.This was just before our Cup final and United European cup win, with Best Charlton and Law etc in the team . That match under the lights, was fantastic we could of got 10 and united miss a few, if you thought Kanu's miss was bad you should of seen Dennis Law at the Brummie rd end get it over from the goal line. Wish there was footage of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I went to Old Trafford for the 3-5 match which great. But for me the 1968 home game Albion 6 - United 3 was better, Astle's hat trick.This was just before our Cup final and United European cup win, with Best Charlton and Law etc in the team . That match under the lights, was fantastic we could of got 10 and united miss a few, if you thought Kanu's miss was bad you should of seen Dennis Law at the Brummie rd end get it over from the goal line. Wish there was footage of that game.
    Remember it well. Came across with some friends from College in Leicester and our group were the last to get in before the gates were closed. What a game!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I was there, Isiah Brown came on as sub., last game for us, whatever happened to him?

When my mate and I got there the Brummie was closed. We legged it around to the Smethwick. It was heaving and we managed to squeeze ourselves in thanks to some kind bugger. What a night. What a time 68 was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)