+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Albion 5 United 5

Albion 5 United 5

Always enjoy watching that game almost as much as our away victory with Big C Regis and company.....

A throwback to the games with them in the 60's and 70's.

Apparently I WUZ THERE at the game in 1971 when we beat the great Man U 4-3 containing Best, Charlton and Law. As a small lad all I could see sometimes was the goal at the Smethwick end through a sea of heads. Hardly remember anything except for the cacophony of the Brummie

That was a great game Phil and one that has largely been forgotten. Bomber got an hatrick. As i recall United went one up, we went 2-1, they brought it back to 2-2, we went 3-2 up, they made it 3-3, and Wile with a towering header from a corner got the winner in the dying embers of the game.
    We beat them by the same score in 1957, the last time the Babes visited the Hawthorns before Munich, my dad was there and he and many of the press said it was the best game of football they had ever seen.
    Always looked forward to the games with United.

How about when we beat them 3-2 in the cup? I went to Old Trafford and we lead most of the game through a Willie Johnston goal and then Coppell scored with the last kick of the game.
    In the replay we were leading 2-1 and Hill scored with the last kick of 90 mins.
    Regis got the winner in extra time. What a night that was.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    How about when we beat them 3-2 in the cup? I went to Old Trafford and we lead most of the game through a Willie Johnston goal and then Coppell scored with the last kick of the game.
    In the replay we were leading 2-1 and Hill scored with the last kick of 90 mins.
    Regis got the winner in extra time. What a night that was.
    What year was that 55?
    I somehow seem to remember that but yet I am only a youngster...so just wondering...

That 1971 game v United was a great game, probably the best one I ever watched.
    Fergie's final game was a pretty special day. There were United fans dotted everywhere. The stewards saw fit to eject them. There was a bloke and his young son sat behind me. They were ejected early second half. They were doing no harm, felt sorry for the lad, it was probably his goal celebrations that gave them away. Their dad kept telling me what a great player Jeff Astle was. Here are a few photos I took that day.Name:  2012 Dawlish 004.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  98.8 KBName:  2012-13 man u 003.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  94.1 KB

A couple more.
    Name:  2012 Dawlish 005.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  94.1 KB

Got plenty more but hard to load on here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)