+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T - Today’s rain.

O/T - Today’s rain.

Some of the worst I’ve seen for a while.

Went for a run this afternoon and all the local Chaddesley Corbett lanes were blocked by floods.

I drove to Solihull and Dudley today and saw roads flooded I’d never seen before in 40 years of driving.

On the subject of driving once again,the wet conditions brought to the fore the lack of driving ability and awareness these days.

One bloody miserable day all round.

I was in Blackheeeth this morning with my intention to drive on to Halesowen later in the afternoon but I gave up after getting soaked to the skin plus my brolly was blown in to the road which was subsequently run over and squashed by the number 14 bus. Returned home drenched earlier than I expected. Proper pneumonia weather.

It is happening more frequently then expected even from 5 year a go data.......This stuff is real. Australia has barely gone into early Summer and they are experiencing extreme forest fires...
    East coast USA is experiencing its coldest November early winter conditions already records falling already and it is only November!
    Most recent data been analyzed is already indicating that the climate model of only a few years ago is already out dated thanks to a reinterpretation.......
    Interesting stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    It is happening more frequently then expected even from 5 year a go data.......This stuff is real. Australia has barely gone into early Summer and they are experiencing extreme forest fires...
    East coast USA is experiencing its coldest November early winter conditions already records falling already and it is only November!
    Most recent data been analyzed is already indicating that the climate model of only a few years ago is already out dated thanks to a reinterpretation.......
    Interesting stuff!!
    My grave is going to constantly flood when I go.

At least it’ll keep the kids busy having to hunt down and collect my bones.

I was blocked in with the floods. The lane often floods and even though I have two 4x4s you cant see the ditches when the fields and road look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My grave is going to constantly flood when I go.

At least it’ll keep the kids busy having to hunt down and collect my bones.
    I should imagine, what is beginning to worry some...is just how much rain has fallen so far in to winter. Over the last 15/20 years...the period between September to January has seen a big drop off in total winter rain fall at that time. Winter precipitation usually tends to fall between January to Late April....with early Summer providing a lot more rain..
    To get what has fallen at only mid November is alarming.....the moisture content of soil right now here in eastern Ireland is at almost saturation point now...so any rain falling has no where to go but over flow...
    Thankfully we are now in a very frosty period with no rain adding to the soil....but as I say, it is only mid November..

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I was blocked in with the floods. The lane often floods and even though I have two 4x4s you cant see the ditches when the fields and road look the same.
    Similarly here boingy buddy, not blocked in though.Also we are reliant on a cesspit wherein flooding becomes a challenge with this amount of rainfall. (no main sewers in the lane) Fortunately no property flooding, albeit we are faced with a sizeable 5 figure repair to the roof.
    Thoughts with those in flooded properties.

Every rainbow has a silver lining , at least we shouldn’t get a hose pipe ban any time soon 😏

Quote Originally Posted by Wick5y View Post
    Every rainbow has a silver lining , at least we shouldn’t get a hose pipe ban any time soon ��
    Wouldn't bank on it!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)