+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team and predictions

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Dare I say it (okay - I’ve said it!) but we are actually, finally, starting to look a class above the opposition in this division for the first time since we’ve been down. Yes, we’ve previously won plenty at home the last three years, but how many had been as comfortable as the last few months? Gone (for now at least) are nervy 1-0 or 2-1 wins at home to the likes of Morton or Falkirk where we’ve frankly been clinging on at the end. Even the recent narrower wins at home to Dunfermline and Partick have been really comfortable and seen out pretty straightforwardly. Have we cracked it? Have we finally really cracked it?
    Time will tell.

But I'm again delighted with yet another clean sheet. A solid defence has been the basis of every good United team. It's still early days, and no doubt there will be some downers on the journey, but we are definitely heading in the right direction and, after all the recent years of pain, I'm enjoying the ride.

Well done United!!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Happy with offshores team.

Prediction 3-0
    We will not miss the Shankmeister as much as we expected
    Gold star to Stokey 😎

A great performance today. Agree with everyone else . Appere , McMullen and Harkes were excellent. Alot of quick confident one touch football today definitely have upped our game in recent weeks.
    Five clean sheets in a row since the drubbing in Dumfries.
    Well done United let's keep it going and romp to the title 🤞

Played very well for most of this game. Some of the passing and movement was really excellent. Appere motm for me, he has some energy that lad, never stops or gives up, superb effort from him today. McMullan great in the first half and a mention for Stanton and Harkes. All the lads did well though.

3 points and 3 excellent goals. 5 wins in a row, 9 points clear, plus 21 goal difference. Braw

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    Gold star to Stokey ��
    Cheers Mecca. Just had a good feeling about this one. I thought Robbie might wind them up a wee bit pre match by saying to the lads people are saying you're a one man team, do you want to show them.

A really solid win with a good performance thrown in, great stuff. Well done Robbie and the lads.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Played very well for most of this game. Some of the passing and movement was really excellent. Appere motm for me, he has some energy that lad, never stops or gives up, superb effort from him today. McMullan great in the first half and a mention for Stanton and Harkes. All the lads did well though.

3 points and 3 excellent goals. 5 wins in a row, 9 points clear, plus 21 goal difference. Braw
    Totally agree. Finally some decent passing play and great effort from the whole team. That's all I've asked for all season. McMullan was excellent and Harkes has really improved.

Would have gave it to Appere if he had stayed on his feet, however, thought that Harkes was outstanding today. Not a bad player today and I thought that the movement off the ball is the best I've seen for a long time. Play like this........and they will turn a natural pessimist into a believer. Well done United, happy happy man tonight.

Great team performance by all and agree with all the comments above, Harkes for me had a great game today and really made us tick with great support around him.

Entertained and happy with the game today.

really pleased with that performance, was nervous beforehand because I think in many ways that was as important a match as the Dundee game. Those last two ugly wins at home could be huge in the context of the season.

Delighted at our recent form. Looking really promising now. There will be twists and turns in the road ahead and we may lose against, say, Alloa again. In that event I think its important to remember good runs like these and give the manager and players our support. I feel they have earned it.

Very happy for wee Paul to be on the scoresheet again. The Dees will be fizzing that we have won without shankland... The really have fcuk all to say now lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)