+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard

Quote Originally Posted by Three_Point_One_Four View Post
    I like that idea Mapperleypie. It's something temporary at least.

Another idea might be to replicate what they've done at Minnesota United. Nostalgic and apparently a fraction of the cost of the digital ones to buy and maintain.

http://www.startribune.com/allianz-f.../?refresh=true

I'm not sure whether the attached image will work on here, but here goes:
    Attachment 14359

That would be great. Too much to ask for the letters with the ht scores as well?

Get the Hooters girls back in with large numbered boards.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    We never had this problem when we had someone in a white wooden box with number cards above the Kop!

Get some of those old substitute number boards and knock out the middle windows of the hospitality suites!
    Ivor Thirst For Shipstones Ales!

The windows on the exec boxes never get any sun on them, so that would not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nottscol View Post
    Ivor Thirst For Shipstones Ales!
    Ivor stomach ache from Shipstones ale

Quote Originally Posted by salmagundi View Post
    The windows on the exec boxes never get any sun on them, so that would not be a problem.
    This whole projector idea was looked at in multiple areas. It's not feasible for a number of reasons, the cost of a projector that is strong enough to project onto that window during daylight. The windows often let too much light through so not enough of the image stays on the window to be seen. Plus the size of those windows is roughly half the scoreboard size, so then you aren't going to fit much on there. And an exec box has to sit empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Three_Point_One_Four View Post
    I like that idea Mapperleypie. It's something temporary at least.

Another idea might be to replicate what they've done at Minnesota United. Nostalgic and apparently a fraction of the cost of the digital ones to buy and maintain.

http://www.startribune.com/allianz-f.../?refresh=true

I'm not sure whether the attached image will work on here, but here goes:
    Attachment 14359
    This is the closest to what we got to before I left from an idea standpoint. It was the most feasible, however, still had high costs involved. Obviously nowhere near the actual scoreboard replacement costs. It's not possible to have it where it is there because the security hut isn't structurally strong enough to support anything up there and it's an access point for infrastructure above it. And it wouldn't be safe to access to change the boards.

The best place was going to be pitchside somewhere near the away stand, however that route is an ambulance access road so we couldn't do that. It was a nightmare tbh. Then everything happened with the old/new owners and it's obviously been left as the last priority. The quickest fix would be a board system with a giant clock, although it would cost much more than you expect, especially to not look amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by salmagundi View Post
    Weird... Are they floodlit then as they're very clearly visible and not in complete darkness in the picture posted on page 1...

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Weird... Are they floodlit then as they're very clearly visible and not in complete darkness in the picture posted on page 1...
    they have a semi-privacy film on the windows that lets some of the light in but not all, hence the half and half reflection/being able to see the inside of the box.

i think it's mainly to stop any major glare/possible light distractions

I was making the point that if they didn't get any sun as salmagundi suggested you wouldn't be able to see them

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast