+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard

Scoreboard

Why doesn't Leigh Curtis ask Lifeline about the situation relating to the scoreboard? There may be a news story there.

It's a bit poor, the all singing all dancing one looks like it will never work again. Just a simple one will do,

We never had this problem when we had someone in a white wooden box with number cards above the Kop!

Get some of those old substitute number boards and knock out the middle windows of the hospitality suites!

I wonder what happened to scoreboard Phil?

Sod the score board, we need a new manager for starters to replace this negative idiot..

Didn't someone say previously that it needed some parts that were apparently quite rare or something? Funny how Hardy managed to get it working for that England Womens game that was on TV and then it went back to "being broken" again after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Didn't someone say previously that it needed some parts that were apparently quite rare or something? Funny how Hardy managed to get it working for that England Womens game that was on TV and then it went back to "being broken" again after that.
    This is the second time we've had a scoreboard that seemed difficult or impossible to fix when it went wrong. I could tell things were getting iffy when random digital flashing squares started appearing.

Then again, after today, maybe it's best if the scoreboard doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    This is the second time we've had a scoreboard that seemed difficult or impossible to fix when it went wrong. I could tell things were getting iffy when random digital flashing squares started appearing.

Then again, after today, maybe it's best if the scoreboard doesn't work!
    My theory is that it’s where it’s located that many contribute to killing off two scoreboards. The club is on the banks of the Trent and by default the air is going to be damper and have more moisture in it particularly in winter with fog etc... Couple this with the fact it is completely exposed to all wind, rain and snow so high up on the stand then it’s no surprise that sensitive electronic components may get damp and wet in them and fail quickly.

What the scoreboard needs is a protective shelter/cover for it with with clear glass on the front so we can see it and to protect it from the elements. When it’s fixed that may go some way to insuring parts don’t get water or damp in them and fail quickly than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    My theory is that it’s where it’s located that many contribute to killing off two scoreboards. The club is on the banks of the Trent and by default the air is going to be damper and have more moisture in it particularly in winter with fog etc... Couple this with the fact it is completely exposed to all wind, rain and snow so high up on the stand then it’s no surprise that sensitive electronic components may get damp and wet in them and fail quickly.

What the scoreboard needs is a protective shelter/cover for it with with clear glass on the front so we can see it and to protect it from the elements. When it’s fixed that may go some way to insuring parts don’t get water or damp in them and fail quickly than expected.
    You may well be on to something there. Either give it some protective cover or put a new scoreboard in one of the corners between the stands where it's less exposed to the elements, like (dare I say it) where Forest have their scoreboard at the Sh*tty Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as the weather killing them off. After having worked on the scoreboard for two years previously, I wish it was just the weather. It's mainly based on the scoreboard being an old piece of hardware, combined with extremely old software. When we came to update the software, the hardware and software stopped talking to each other which was always a known risk. But we couldn't continue to use the old software as it was on an old PC that wasn't secure and also was so slow it would take 5 minutes to update anything such as a score etc. And after the original fault which was with a small part that had to be custom built in America and shipped over, that new part only communicated in a certain way with the software, hence everything failing.

As for it working for the Lionesses game, that was mainly down to about a week of solid work trying to get it to revert back to the old software and it worked for one day, and with a lot of issues and bodges. But that then failed as the attempts to fix for a longer period of time just couldn't be done and weren't working effectively. And the bodges we were using for Lionesses weren't sustainable at all.

I really hope they get a new one because the old one wasn't fit for purpose or sustainable. But after scoping prices for a new one or even just a time/score one that sits at the side of the pitch, I think it'll be some way off. Unless the owners are feeling particularly generous.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast