+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Northampton

Northampton

Direct and physical. Two words that for many years meant we were likely to lose. We also have a poor recent record against Northampton. However, we now have better times, so can we continue with our amazing away form. Most of their play involves the wings but if that means aerial crosses then I think the new centre half ( if he plays) would help us to stand firm against such an onslaught. We'd also need to make sure there is no panic in defence and therefore allow to clear the ball out of defence effectively.
    Are we likely to do the above?
    I'm afraid my old pessimistic self is resurrecting itself and I'll go for a 3-0 loss.
    Any other predictions?

Agree with your comments on how Northampton will play against us but we are a much better team than in years gone by. I feel we will concede a goal or two but come away with a draw. 2-2 I think .

Unfortunately, it's going exactly as I feared. Hopefully, even with 3down we have been fighting back all season. However, we need half-time so that they can re-compose.

Was going to add that there's a worrying trend of not scoring in the last 3 games- then Porter scores

Just like listening to games over previous seasons where silly mistakes concede goals and the Alex just wimp out

Must come flying out of the blocks next Saturday to arrest the (unfortunately predictable) winter slump. Thought we were made of harder stuff this season. Worrying to see some of the age old frailties are still there. I suppose unfortunate that Hunt had one of worst games for the club and that, the person who I expected to revel in this kind of game, Mbulu, actually wasn't up to it.
    The frustrating thing is how the whole team seem to go off at the same time. Hopefully Powell will enjoy himself a bit more against Morecambe next Saturday (though if we are reverting to type, then that game may be more of a problem than the one following, at FGR).
    So, thankfully, Steady Eddie will be back next game but who would you drop?