+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would an apology

Would an apology

From this Board regarding the separation of DS , admitting they got the signings wrong , be open with their plans as to where they aim to make progress regarding the team , Treat the Fans better , make you change your mind about going to games/ renewal of season tickets etc ?

No.
    People like this shouldn't be anywhere near a football club.
    If your wife had been cheating on you, screwed you over on your divorce settlement and stopped you from seeing your kids, would an apology suffice?
    Would you take her back and trust her not to do the same again?

No agree with that Hodger, but this is about our club , if they have the balls ? To admit what they have done wrong , appreciate the fans /Town / community , i may start going back , until that happens I will gladly stay away , never thought I would have said this , but it's not what I grew up to be involved with either all this greed is totally out of order .

I could never trust them, they've shown their true colours.
    I'll be retiring in a couple of years and I intended on doing something i've always wanted to do, do a full season home & away no matter what division.
    I won't be doing it if this lot are still in town.
    My interest was waning until DS breathed new life into the club. Now its gone altogether.
    Yesterday I didn't even bother listening to the commentary.
    I always stay over when we're at home to PNE or Blackpool and have a night out.
    I'll still come over in January with my PNE mates but I'll watch Jeff & the boys in the pub.
    I will not give this lot a penny.
    That Deepdale game finished me off. Especially with the way they treated DS.

Fair comment ,

These feckers are going to get a reight shock when the ST sales are down by a third next season .

My cousins' kids seem to be defecting to Leeds. I think it may be too late to win some people back. I'd just appreciate the board properly understanding our feelings.

Roma, they simply ain't gonna apologise I'm afraid mate. It obviously goes against their moral principles. They've kept a very low profile since the DS sacking which was weeks ago now. That in essence tells me everything I want to know. They clearly lack class and deportment. In my eyes it's not so much about apologizing because that's just a means to an end, it's more about running the club with the respectability it deserves.
    They haven't done that I'm afraid and continue not to do that. They haven't taken any form of responsibility. They've hidden away and brushed things under the carpet which is completely unacceptable and pathetic considering the position they're in. Treating us with no respect and like fools int reight. Tha wunt waste time wi folk like that in any other walk o life would tha? Apology or no apology, they can gu ballax as far as I'm concerned.

Problem is Roma these buggers evva different agenda. We want signings that may improve the team. They want signings that ev the potential for profit darn the line. Hoss will think iz gorrit reyt-"most successful window etc" cos iz made 12 signings where there is potential for profit once a coach ez polished them forra year or two. Fans evvin to watch it and then just accept a player going if he comes good because he meks a profit as part ovva deliberate plan izza a depressing prospect. There is no hope of a successful team gradually being built.

They dunt think they ev owt to apologise for. There is no problem at the moment as far as they are concerned. If we go down, so what, it's secondary to mekkin money.

If they sed, "You know what. We brought in an American Statistics Model from baseball and thought it would work in British football but it doesn't. We will ask people with long football knowledge to scout and recommend players irrespective of age that would improve this team and we will buy them (within limits). Asking kids to compete against men every week in this league was a disaster waiting to happen. We will give a manager a reasonable budget and let him succeed or fail by his recruitment decisions, not ours. We take the blame for us being bottom and being on course for shipping 100 goals this season.
    It is your club, not our plaything."

Then, yes, I'd be walking darn Grove Street again.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-11-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Seems to be more of a lack of understanding of English football culture and the part/role played by a football club towards its town, and its people. I’m presuming that these are largely American owners or at least American based business people who have a capitalist consumerist view of the world and understand more about franchises than a sense of permanence, history and belonging.

Terms like “ understand our feelings”, “ give us an apology” will be alien to them.

I suspect even Middle Eastern Arab owners understand the importance of English football history and culture to the fans and supporters, better than them

They’ve got you in a double bind where the only thing that might affect them is by fans stopping attending matches ie.hit them in the pocket, against the nature of football fandom which forces you to go to games and invest in the club because you’re not merely clients or customers but fans whose health and well-being depends on it.

Thatcher managed to “ close a pit and kill a village” looks like these monsters are cut from the same hue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast