+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A look at Struber

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    So by that logic, anyone who takes on the job under the current regime is going to be seen as a " yes man". Can't win then ?

At Oakwell he'll experience 13-14,000 + crowds at home and much larger crowds away. As I mentioned earlier the Austrian Bundesliga has 12 clubs and Wolfsberger who are third only get 2,866 average gates.

The lad is looking to take a big step up. Surely everyone deserves respect.
    You'd have to be a Yes man to take the job , players decided for you and never speak out against the policy .

Daniel Stendel spoke out because the team was failing and it cost him his job because he had the honesty and integrity to say what we all knew anyway .

Daniel Stendel had currency , a promotion , loved and respected by the fans and had earned the right to be listened to and backed accordingly .

This guy will know that and yet he's still prepared to leave a job in his homeland , of course he's a Yes man .

I don't respect Yes men .

Rumour is he’s coming with Manager job title not coach, perhaps he’s already stood his ground and set his stall out.
    Worked for Cowleys at Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Rumour is he’s coming with Manager job title not coach, perhaps he’s already stood his ground and set his stall out.
    Worked for Cowleys at Huddersfield.
    Extremely unlikely in my opinion whilst ever Billy Beane is involved at the club .

That said you can change the job title of a role anytime you want but it doesn't mean the job descriptions changed .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You'd have to be a Yes man to take the job , players decided for you and never speak out against the policy .

Daniel Stendel spoke out because the team was failing and it cost him his job because he had the honesty and integrity to say what we all knew anyway .

Daniel Stendel had currency , a promotion , loved and respected by the fans and had earned the right to be listened to and backed accordingly .

This guy will know that and yet he's still prepared to leave a job in his homeland , of course he's a Yes man .

I don't respect Yes men .

Ok fair enough

Ent the announced owt yit.

It's tekking some time. Spurs ed sumdi sacked and a new one in ovvaneet.

Thadda thought he'd we wanting to get on the training pitch like O'Neill did at Stoke prior to the game wi us.

Canni speyk English az gud as wot we can ?

Am still trying to get mi eead rarnd why he is coming. He started at Wolfsberger on 1st July, only four and a heyf months ago, tekkin ovva a club that had qualified for the Europa League and finished third in their top tier last season and he wants to come to Barnsley bottom of the league with a squad of kids out of their depth against more experienced players.
    Judging by UEFA Coefficients which decide how many European competition places to allocate each national league the Austrian Bundesliga is about the same as the Scottish Premiership. The Wolfsberger squad has an average age of 25.9 compared to Barnsley's 22.7 and the average home attendance this season is 4399. They spent 0 Euro's on transfers this summer relying on free transfers and loans.

Good luck to the lad. His remit, like Morais, is to keep us up.

I just can't see where the 12+ wins are coming from coupled with a few draws to keep us up.

He's come as HC according to conmanway not as manager and fully agrees with the club's policys another yes man, his assistant to be named later. The weels on the bus keep on going round and round nothing changed

"Gerhard has made it quite clear he believes in our project" is a pointed dig at Stendel who was willing to challenge the recruitment by the owners over the summer. The owners have the yes man they were seeking.

Good luck wi this lot mi owd. Tha'll find art what job thaz tekken on when the January window finishes.

According to the Official site we have been chasing him for ages and also previously, any club would be happy to have him.....really? Personally I think this would have been a poor appointment for a team in League 2 and he will be sacked at the end of the season! However I hope i'm wrong and he does well but I can't see it.
    This lot could appoint Pochettino and I wouldn't go, just hope they sell up soon before the last dregs of my affinity with the club disappears forever!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tick off the following in the forthcoming Press Statement on your Hoss Bingo Card--

1 Our number one choice as coach for a long time/ right from the beginning

2 We have worked very hard to get this deal over the line

3 We have beaten off competition from a number of top clubs to secure his services

4 Gerhart was very excited to come here when he saw what was on offer here at BFC

5 Gerhart is already a very successful coach at Wolfsberger .

6 Gerhart matches our (the owners) style of playing, which we decided upon at the outset

7 We are excited to have him here and anticipate he will progress our start to the campaign.

8 The players are buzzing about the appointment and can't wait to work with Gerhart

Any four in a line will win.
    In the Statement---

Numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 ticked. HOUSE !

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast