+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 115 of 115

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barrow FC 16.11.19

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,107
    Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Don’t think any of this is much of a secret - you don’t need to be a tactical genius to know that a high press sees our passing game fall to pieces. Even Man City go long to avoid a high press every few moves using Ederson’s long passes, we need to be smarter. We also need to move the ball a lot quicker, but need more legs in the middle of the park to do that. We also seem to be carrying a wide midfielder in every game, which we can’t afford to do.

    Someone mentioned Tom Crawford and I had completely forgotten he was still even on the books. Ardley must really hate him as a player to not even have him on the bench occasionally. As for Mitch Rose, I thought he was going to boss this league. Instead, he’s struggled and offered very little overall. I’d move him out to the right wing and tell him to start running with the ball again, because passing has never really been his forte.
    Is anyone claiming that Andy Kellet isnít good enough to get in that team?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    9,636
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Is anyone claiming that Andy Kellet isn’t good enough to get in that team?
    Andy Kellett's demise was a mystery, to me at least.

    Neither Nolan nor Ardley seemed to trust him at all (despite Nolan signing him) and he hasn't found a new club since leaving us, yet on most of the limited number of occasions I saw him play, he looked like a lad with decent ability who could provide a bit of energy and creativity.

    You have to wonder whether there were issues with him off the pitch, because he didn't look a bad player on it.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Andy Kellett's demise was a mystery, to me at least.

    Neither Nolan nor Ardley seemed to trust him at all (despite Nolan signing him) and he hasn't found a new club since leaving us, yet on most of the limited number of occasions I saw him play, he looked like a lad with decent ability who could provide a bit of energy and creativity.

    You have to wonder whether there were issues with him off the pitch, because he didn't look a bad player on it.
    He had plenty of energy and no little skill on the pitch, but never stayed fit long enough to do himself justice. Every time he had an OK performance where he’d be buzzing around, he’d then be injured for a few months. Must be frustrating for a manager to deal with a player like that.

    Ardley says there’s a behind closed doors game on Monday - let’s see who his midfielders are then (presumably the new centre half will get a game as well).

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,107
    In hindsight It was right to give Ardley some wriggle room for the summer. Not only today though, the Chesterfield game was so abysmal heís got to go.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,108
    Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I think everyone as the right to post whenever they choose.
    Absolutely they do, I haven't said, or inferred they don't. Just saying that some only seem to post when we don't win!

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,094
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Is anyone claiming that Andy Kellet isn’t good enough to get in that team?
    I'd claim it. 3 managers didn't use him last season, including the one that brought him in and chose to play a midfielder (Milsom) at left back instead of him. He was a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none type player who didn't really have a "best position" worked out yet and on top of that he was very rarely fit so you couldn't rely on him keeping his spot in the team and building chemistry with team mates

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    He had plenty of energy and no little skill on the pitch, but never stayed fit long enough to do himself justice. Every time he had an OK performance where heíd be buzzing around, heíd then be injured for a few months. Must be frustrating for a manager to deal with a player like that.

    Ardley says thereís a behind closed doors game on Monday - letís see who his midfielders are then (presumably the new centre half will get a game as well).
    Doyle and Rose in the middle with Booty on the left. Shields coming on for Booty after 60 odd minutes. Need to respect these closed door friendlies. The other team may come prepared.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Well one thing is for certain, the usual posters will be (are) back, and there will be ten times as many posts tonight as when we win!
    Of course they will, I think "...ten times as many.." is an exaggeration though. But what did you expect people to say - we wus robbed? A totally incompetent and amateur display like that deserves slagging off, we've paid their wages, we've a right to tell them they were schit.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    we've paid their wages, we've a right to tell them they were schit.
    I agree that players when under performing should reap what they sow. However, your rationale that we can do so be cause we pay the wages is laughable. You sound like those morons that get pulled over by the police who start giving it ĎI pay your wages mate, havenít you got better things to do?í

    By all means moan and vent, but please, donít be childish about it.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Well one thing is for certain, the usual posters will be (are) back, and there will be ten times as many posts tonight as when we win!
    At least people are offering opinions based on the match whereas your post is a moan about people posting opinions.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I agree that players when under performing should reap what they sow. However, your rationale that we can do so be cause we pay the wages is laughable. You sound like those morons that get pulled over by the police who start giving it ‘I pay your wages mate, haven’t you got better things to do?’

    By all means moan and vent, but please, don’t be childish about it.
    Strawman argument: I haven't broken the law. Find something I have done and compare that to bolster your point.

    Argument by false association: Compared me to a moron.

    False equivalence: I am not a child.

    Hearsay: Have you EVER heard of anyone saying that?

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,472
    A couple of my red dog mates, one of them born in Barrow, went along to watch; "Notts were ****e, it could have been 4 or 5." Although lacking in intelligence due to their red ties, they generally offer honest, unbiased opinions.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,820
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    A couple of my red dog mates, one of them born in Barrow, went along to watch; "Notts were ****e, it could have been 4 or 5." Although lacking in intelligence due to their red ties, they generally offer honest, unbiased opinions.
    It seems this was one of the rare occasions where their brain cell was in the 'on' position.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    A couple of my red dog mates, one of them born in Barrow, went along to watch; "Notts were ****e, it could have been 4 or 5." Although lacking in intelligence due to their red ties, they generally offer honest, unbiased opinions.
    Pity that our awesome manager cannot see the problems!

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    At least people are offering opinions based on the match whereas your post is a moan about people posting opinions.
    It's not a moan at all. Just an observation based on what usually happens.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •