+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barrow FC 16.11.19

We were simply not good enough today throughout and were out performed in every department. We gifted them their second goal which killed us and it was a slow whimper from then onwards.

I can’t recall their keeper having a save to make in the second half and it’s hard to even think who a man of the match could be because there wasn’t one. There was no real urgency or energy or fight to get back into the game. Barrow had that in abundance and bucket loads.

The amount of misplaced passes throughout the game was terrible and all players were guilty.

In fairness to Barrow they came with a plan an executed it to the letter. They pressed high, made a nuisance of themselves and rustled feathers.

This game showed we have some way to go if we are to be a force at this level. It was disappointing because I was expecting us to compete with them and it be a really good game, but the two early goals did us. From then on we never looked liked we would be strong enough or creative enough to break them down and score. Ironically most of the Notts chances to score came in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    A bit depressing TBH. Prospect of away at Northampton. Afraid.
    Yeah its never good losing 3-0 at home to anyone but its not surprising with us and we wont go on a run of winning 10 out of 11/12 whilst Ardley is here thats for sure.

As for Northampton I couldnt care less the sooner we are out the better.

We just about got away with it against Hartlepool, but not today. I think it was exactly a year ago today that we lost 3-0 at home to Cheltenham. How times change.

This is a big reality check - worrying that the last two sides to come here have done a job on us and outsmarted Ardley. Also, we’re back to giving poor goals away again, which is a big concern. Never going to mount a promotion bid like that. Back to the drawing board.

He is a shyte manager who hasn't the guts to drop his favourites. With the players we have we should be streaking this crap League..We need Steve Cotterill to get this team winning games .

Look on the bright side we are highly unlikely to be in a relegation battle this season.

Well done Ardley!! Barrow must have thought we had a plan B, but he showed them, eh? Stick with players too static to move into space - that'll fool em. Don't get within three yards of a blue shirt and make sure they get a chance to shoot - how fair can you be? I bet Barrow were totally confused when we craftily allowed them a two-goal start, you could see the worry in their faces, nice of Ardley to give them one more as a going home present.

We were out-played, out-thought, out-ran and worst of all manager-ed today, one more out - can you guess what it is? YESS!! Ardley out!

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Look on the bright side we are highly unlikely to be in a relegation battle this season.
    Being a mid-table non-league side hardly gets the juices flowing

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Absolute ****ing garbage Ardley
    Crap negative tactics.****ing clueless.Get rid.
    I wondered where you got to..

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Being a mid-table non-league side hardly gets the juices flowing
    I know but haven't you had the memo Ardley has done a good job so far.

Remember we were in trouble in the summer and has only signed 30+ players he needs more time he'll always need more time though 🤣

Credit to Barrow but you can’t play with so many players out of form. Enzio gave them the first two goals and Rose and Doyle were both particularly dreadful. Funny how those two never get replaced, although admittedly there wasn’t much of a midfield option on the bench.
    Strange decision to take off our most dangerous player and then stick Dennis wide right up front.
    A day to forget!!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast