+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Accrington Stanley Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Part of a thread last week discussed the possibility of matches being rigged
    That has to be a contender as officials can't be that inept surely.The ref gave a masterclass in consistently making the wrong decisions or poor judgements. The lino on the west stand side failed to give three offsides in quick succession in the last 15 mins.

Accie haven,t got any money so he can,t have been bribed and I would never think that if his legal team are reading this......i,ll await a post from someone suggesting I get some legal advice

Are officials banned from placing bets as well as players?
    X number of yellow cards to the home team plus y number to the away team plus one red to the home team only must have had some good odds.

Just saying and obviously this would never have happened today just some thoughts as to how things might happen in the future.
    Yes yes I,ll get some legal advice
    All the ref needs is a friend to split the money with.

The friend has all of the betting accounts and also places the bets.The ref tells the friend about the card numbers and hey-ho friend rakes it in.

Not that our ref today was doing such a practice. He was just an unfit incompetent fool that needed breaks in the game to get his breath back.

Not a bad game to watch. Probably helped by Frog's wit and beer.

It really does say something when we win and still criticise the ref. He was bad.

Good to get a home win and a clean sheet.

Wiles deserved MoM. Good performances also from Barlaser, Icky, Robertson, Jones, Oggy.

That goal will also do Morris' confidence a lot of good. How High did he jump for that header?
    Last edited by PerigordMiller; 16-11-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Having seen the red card incident back I don’t think there was a touch on Ogbene, Maybe ref got this one right

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Having seen the red card incident back I don’t think there was a touch on Ogbene, Maybe ref got this one right
    From where I was it was a clear dive and a justifiable card.

Was he jumping to avoid a challenge?
    Don't think there was any contact, but we don't have the benefit off super slow mo VAR, maybe there was a slight contact of shirts or shorts.
    Given where the incident was on the pitch did it deserve a yellow card, same as when the ref only showed a yellow for there goal keeper. If that happened closed to the D, then it would have been red.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    From where I was it was a clear dive and a justifiable card.
    Just goes to show how viewing position can lead to different conclusions.

From my perspective high in West Stand looking directly across it seemed to me that Ogbene just got to the ball first saw the Stanley players leg coming in hard so he jumped to avoid it.

On the same point for PW's view he would be at pitch level looking across the full width of the pitch so he couldnt tell if there was contact or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Just goes to show how viewing position can lead to different conclusions.

From my perspective high in West Stand looking directly across it seemed to me that Ogbene just got to the ball first saw the Stanley players leg coming in hard so he jumped to avoid it.

On the same point for PW's view he would be at pitch level looking across the full width of the pitch so he couldnt tell if there was contact or not.
    That's perfectly fair, Grist. I have no idea and haven't checked any playbacks but just thought straight off he looked to have dived. If he says there was some contact or anticipated contact I would believe him. My only point was that in respect of that particular incident the ref's decision was understandable perhaps?

We have had refs who blow for little niggling tackles before and we have moaned. Think what made this one worst is the yellow cards he dished out for nothing more than a foul.
    The two major decisions I think he got right.
    Crooks pushed the ball wide before going down (very easily) and there were 2 covering defenders.
    Ogbene looked like he anticipates the foul coming in but the acci player pulled out of it so can see why simulation would be interpreted. Can't remember his first booking though so was prob for nowt.

The yellow card for the keepers challenge in crooks was right imo.
    I sit near away fans in family stand and Ogbene definitely didn’t dive it was a ridiculous decision.
    Yes he went over with minimal contact so if that’s the case it would be 6 a side every week.
    How many offsides did they miss?

The referee was awful and should never officiate again.

Wonder what the assessor thought of the ref? We'll never know!

Coming from Bolton, do you think he's still hurting over the 6-1 thrashing we gave them? Payback time?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast