+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accrington Stanley Post Match Thoughts

Accrington Stanley Post Match Thoughts

Not much to go on with a quiet match thread today but from the BBC it looks like it was a pretty well balanced game where we just squeezed out on top both by one goal and by one red card for 'simulation'. Bit of a strange starting XI. Up into the play off places and nice to get a win at NYS for a change.

Thoughts?

The referee was dishonest there is no other explanation a cheat pure and simple!!!!

Delighted with three points but possibly the most incompetent refereeing display I've ever witnessed, and that includes Trevor Kettle. There were players booked who shouldn't have been, the Accrington goalie should have been sent off, Ogbene sent off for God knows what, countless decisions just wrong on both sides and numerous offsides missed. This lot should be relegated to Herringthorpe playing field.

Man of the match was the pigeon who stayed on the pitch for almost the entire game and even got a touch near the end.

Exactly what was needed against a limited but dogged apponent.
    Ref was dreadful booking people for nothing, so someone was bound to get 2 yellows and Ogbene was the unlucky man.

That has to be the worst ref I have ever seen in my life at any level of football. He booked Robinson and Iekwe for nowt lets their players get away with fouls as bad and doesn't even book their goalie for coming out and clattering Crookes. If there was no foul on Crookes why give us the free kick for the incident.

Thought we played well in patches. Wiles was back to his best and deserved MOM. Think that rest midweeek did him good. Ogbene played well and was always dangerous and lively. Why he was sent off was a complete mystery to everybody but the ref. All the defence played well. Thought Morris took his goal well and probably had his best game for us. We need this from him every week though.

Happy with a 1-0 win at the end because the ref was determined to give them something.

Great to get three points and to see Carlton Morris get on the score sheet. Warney has just been on Radio DeeDah - Mattock could be back next game, Vassell has been looking good in training (he always says that!) , Clarke has recovered quicker than expected and may still called up for next Ireland U-21 game (RUFC waiting for Irish FA to contact them)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-11-2019 at 06:21 PM.

At least we got the win. A scruffy one but 3 more points in the bag.

Well a decent game spoilt by bad officials. Ihiekwe booked why? He won the ball, Robertson booked why? No foul. Ogbene sent off when en he was the victim. The goalie runs 25 yards and wipes out Crooks only a booking why? If it had been an outfield play it's red every time. The ref totally lost control and the linesmen were just as culpable. I've just listened to our manager who reckons the sending off must have been correct as the ref was nearer than him and that the ref made the correct decision by only booking the goalie! I think Warne needs to grow a pair, the Mr Nice Guy thing is wearing thin, let's have a bit of passion.
    Back to football, we deserved the win against a pretty ordinary but tenacious side, played some good stuff but not enough of it. We still keep banging the hoof ball up for Smith, I don't think he won one today. Oggy had the full back in a tizz, they ended up putting 4 men round him and still couldn't stop him, why didn't we use him more.
    Iversen. Nowt to do really.
    Olosunde. Tried hard but seems to have lost the impetus he had at the start of the season.
    Ihiekwe. Steady, not troubled and shouldn't have been booked
    Robertson. Welcome back. Steady, not troubled and shouldn't have been booked.
    Jones. Steady game out of position, was always going to get booked with that ref.
    Barlaser. One good ball in second half to Freddie other than that anonymous for me.
    Wiles. Some brilliant moves creating space and beating players but some woeful passing.
    Ogbene. Man of match for me what a joy to see a winger taking on and beating defenders, it makes my old heart warm. Need to give him more ball.
    Morris. Took his goal well but should have scored early on and again when he made space in the box the shot wide. Still doesn't warrant a starting place for me.
    Crooks. Better home game than last time, but it seems as though he's carrying an injury so that maybe why he wasn't at his best.
    Smith. Never got a look in, their big lads won everything.
    Happy with win, would like us to play a bit more footy rather than the long ball to Smith.
    In top 6 let's keep going we have the players and skill to do it.

Even the pigeon was shaking his head at the Referee.
    He is the worst I’ve ever seen ever. We should put a complaint in.
    It makes you wonder if he had a bet on how many yellow cards and the timing of the first red card?
    Not a great performance but a good 3 points.
    We move on.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast