+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Accrington Stanley Post Match Thoughts

The team has now officially 'clicked'.

Not every day you see a pigeon and a turkey on the pitch at the same time.

I was a bit worried when the pigeon got in their pen area I thought it might block one of our shots!

Please God, never ever send that ref to officiate a millers game again! You go to a match and think you have had a crap ref this week and think you will get a better one next week but am I alone in thinking refs seem to get steadily worse as the season progresses...

Table looking better....

At last and after 16 games we forge our way into the play off spots. With an unexpected start to the way we began the season with postponed games etc, we've taken a while to settle but we are here at last. Now we are here we need to keep up the standards and press on.

We still have the 2nd best goals against tally so, you have to ask how we have come to lose 5 games already this season and against not overly great teams!

A game in hand against the 3 teams above us is also a bonus but that's against Pompey away so no easy task.

P W D L F A Pts
    Ipswich Town 15 10 3 2 25 10 33
    Wycombe 16 9 6 1 25 14 33
    Coventry 17 7 8 2 22 19 29
    Peterborough 17 8 4 5 39 23 28
    Blackpool 17 7 7 3 24 19 28
    Millers 16 8 3 5 25 12 27
    Oxford 16 7 5 4 33 19 26
    Fleetwood 15 8 2 5 27 19 26
    Sunderland 15 7 4 4 22 16 25
    Bristol R 16 7 4 5 19 19 25

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The corner of the ground between West Stand and away end is covered in pigeon ****.

The club needs to get the exterminators in, it’s got to be a health hazard
    Well I’m glad I don’t sit that end or the club would be hearing from me, definitely a health hazard

Poor ref but surprised that most posters focus on that (actually I'm lying; I knew darn well what you lads would focus on) rather than another crap performance against a bottom feeder outfit. Sorry but if PW is a manager I'm a Dutchman. Pathetic. How long before people say Enough?

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Poor ref but surprised that most posters focus on that (actually I'm lying; I knew darn well what you lads would focus on) rather than another crap performance against a bottom feeder outfit. Sorry but if PW is a manager I'm a Dutchman. Pathetic. How long before people say Enough?
    . So where in Holland do you live Yr ****er

Underwhelming performance and we could have lost two if not three points in the last 15 mins. Accie tried very hard to get something out of the game and with their limited budget they were unlucky

But a win is a win and it's great to walk away from a home match with three points.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 16-11-2019 at 08:36 PM.

For Wendun read Wednesday un...

Word to ref. Not every foul is a card.

Word to ogbene. If you dived then you deserved the red. If you didn't get a complaint in though from his and the players reactions it's edging towards a dive.

Word to warne. Well done on the win but FFS get em to mix it up a bit. Hit the long ball into the channels when we have too. Keep it on the ground and play football. It's horrible to watch.

Word on sick bench.
    Lindsay's daughter is doing well and came home from hospital today.
    Mattock, Clark n Vassell won't be far away.
    McDonald. The lad looks really ill. He was like a whippet to start with but He's lost about 2 stone. I very much doubt we will see him in a miller's shirt again this year

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast