+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Accrington Stanley Post Match Thoughts

Lets put it this way if it had been Iversen in the same situation what do you think the outcome would have been?

Another point is why did we have a ref from Bolton for this game if we were playing a close neighbour of Bolton?

it stinks..If he was to ref like that in an under 10s game there would be a chuffin riot...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-11-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MT, makes no difference who watches it back as it was a second yellow so you can't challenge it anyway. Warne being Warne, just handled it in his own style of diplomacy. I've told you, he has to be super nice as he's after Southgate's job.
    The first yellow was also very harsh.

If that ref were to officiate in the Championship where players dive more and generally cheat more then the match wouldn’t finish due to not having enough players left on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Lets put it this way if it had been Iversen in the same situation what do you think the outcome would have been?

Another point is why did we have a ref from Bolton for this game if we were playing a close neighbour of Bolton?

it stinks..If he was to ref like that in an under 10s game there would be a chuffin riot...
    If it had been an outfield player it's a red everyday, never mind how any players are behind him the distance he ran and the intent to stop always results in a red, or should anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    If it had been an outfield player it's a red everyday, never mind how any players are behind him the distance he ran and the intent to stop always results in a red, or should anyway.
    Yes but he was that far out he effectively was an outfield player and he did go in with his boot rather than with his hands.

Personally I thought Crooks could have jumped over the tackle.

https://twitter.com/PaytonKurt/statu...66591532797952

Think your eyes are painted on Wendyun- not that you went. Its clear he was taken out . A feckin joke decision from a joke ref who was determined to get one of our players sent off from the start..wan ker...

Even IF Ogbene did dive there is no way it should have been a free kick to them. The ref made it up like he had been doing all afternoon.

Another one to compete with Kettle in the sh ite refs league...unfortunately there are a lot lately..
    You really are a nasty guy Tweedle. Both Millertop and fc_miller also thought there was no contact but you only reference me. I've watched it now several times and can't for the life of me see how you can say: "Its clear he was taken out." From what I have been told the Talksport commentator said it was a clear dive. I think he's as wrong as you. It's hard to tell so I go with the ref.

We are still a work-in-progress,always with a vulnerability and a soft underbelly,especially if we don't score first. We have some talented but inconsistent players and the question is how much more improvement do they have. To get out of this league you have to be solid and structured like Wycombe or be tactically excellent like Oxford(probably the best side in the division). I think the main recruitment in January has to be an experienced and tough midfield general capable of keeping us properly organised and concentrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    We are still a work-in-progress,always with a vulnerability and a soft underbelly,especially if we don't score first. We have some talented but inconsistent players and the question is how much more improvement do they have. To get out of this league you have to be solid and structured like Wycombe or be tactically excellent like Oxford(probably the best side in the division). I think the main recruitment in January has to be an experienced and tough midfield general capable of keeping us properly organised and concentrated.
    Agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The first yellow was also very harsh.

If that ref were to officiate in the Championship where players dive more and generally cheat more then the match wouldn’t finish due to not having enough players left on the pitch.
    Conspiracy theory number 5387. Have you ever thought about having a new hobby? If you ever saw The Detectorists on the BBC with the excellent McKenzie Crook and Toby Jones, I think that metal detecting could be right up your alley.

https://twitter.com/PaytonKurt/statu...66591532797952

Think your eyes are painted on Wendyun- not that you went. Its clear he was taken out . A feckin joke decision from a joke ref who was determined to get one of our players sent off from the start..wan ker...

Even IF Ogbene did dive there is no way it should have been a free kick to them. The ref made it up like he had been doing all afternoon.

Another one to compete with Kettle in the sh ite refs league...unfortunately there are a lot lately..
    How clear was it??
    Not very.

https://mobile.twitter.com/newty90/s...39220163760134

I think he jumps over the anticipated challenge, which the player pulls out of. If only Ogbene had stayed on his feet, we could have talked about the pigeon more.
    Or maybe the how ineffective Smith was and should have been subbed earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes but he was that far out he effectively was an outfield player and he did go in with his boot rather than with his hands.

Personally I thought Crooks could have jumped over the tackle.
    If he did that he maybe have given away a free kick for simulation.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast