+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take for Ardley to change his midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I believe this will happen as like most have said, Doyle and Rose are 100% certain starters in midfield.
    I would like to see JOB and Booty as the center mid partnership with Enzio and Ozzy on the wings and Rose moved to right back.
    Why drop Brindley? Yes he wasn't very good yesterday but he is a better full back than Rose imo.

The return of O'Brien should be a turning point and signify a deal of change.
    As an Ardley supporter, I agree that the midfield needs a complete reconstruction.
    The usual suspects are calling for Ardley's head on a platter, which is ridiculous. Despite many fans saying they would welcome a season of rebuilding and readjustment, it's now clear that the overall expectation was immediate promotion.
    Well, there's still a long way to go and the top 10 in this league changes on a weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Why drop Brindley? Yes he wasn't very good yesterday but he is a better full back than Rose imo.
    I can see your point as Brindley (apart from yesterday) has done a very good job at RB but Ardley will always play Rose if he is fit, so moving him away from center mid to right back is the best option. That is the reason I said move Rose to RB, but I agree that Brindley should keep his place

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The return of O'Brien should be a turning point and signify a deal of change.
    As an Ardley supporter, I agree that the midfield needs a complete reconstruction.
    The usual suspects are calling for Ardley's head on a platter, which is ridiculous. Despite many fans saying they would welcome a season of rebuilding and readjustment, it's now clear that the overall expectation was immediate promotion.
    Well, there's still a long way to go and the top 10 in this league changes on a weekly basis.
    Sid I assume you didn’t go yesterday because wanting the manager out after that farce is far from ridiculous. It was genuinely one of the worst afternoons supporting Notts I’ve ever known. We were schooled in every department of the game by a side who demonstrated how far off we are being challengers this season. A team who have what, probably a quarter of our budget this year.

The truth is we’re flat track bullies who can give part timers like Woking or Chorley a hiding but any time we play anyone decent we’re found to be wanting. The only time we look any good is when we get an early goal and then knocking it around between defence and midfield doesn’t matter so much. We need a manager who knows what it takes to get out of this league,

Without detracting from some valid points in your post, the fact is that Notts are not an evolved team whereas Barrow clearly are.
    To be honest, I was as alarmed by yesterday's match (listened on radio, I'm afraid) as the hammering we took last season at home to Newport. That was the game that convinced me we were relegation fodder. Yesterday convinced me we are not going to win this league in 2020.
    What good would changing Ardley do now? He has to evolve this team and lessons must be learned along the way. That said, it is quite likely that when we play Barrow away we will steal the points. Recently, we won 4-0 away from home and the Woking contingent were praising Notts as the best team seen there this season.
    A pound to a penny we get past Northampton in the cup as well as taking something away from Aldershot next week.

I like Rose , both as a player and a person ( comes across very well in interviews). But for his and Notts benefit, the kid needs taking out of the firing line. On another note, anyone else see that bloke being carted out of the Pavis yesterday? He was certainly way OTT in his abuse towards the linesman and was seen off with a few walking sticks being waved in his direction!

ps.Not sure if I heard right but I think someone said he's got form for behaviour before.

That's what annoys me, we all like Rose based on his performances last season so no one has it in for him but he should be dropped. Under Ardley it doesn't matter how you play because if he likes you then you will be selected next week. It's not like Rose has the occasional off day this season, he's been pretty poor in the main. Also the Shields signing did my head in, we've got Osbourne so what's the point in signing Shields, he's not good enough to warrant that decision. I do still have the sneaking feeling that we could be doing a lot better under someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    That's what annoys me, we all like Rose based on his performances last season so no one has it in for him but he should be dropped. Under Ardley it doesn't matter how you play because if he likes you then you will be selected next week. It's not like Rose has the occasional off day this season, he's been pretty poor in the main. Also the Shields signing did my head in, we've got Osbourne so what's the point in signing Shields, he's not good enough to warrant that decision. I do still have the sneaking feeling that we could be doing a lot better under someone else.
    I'm with you on this, crazyfists. Ardley will always pick a certain two or three players no matter what their last two, three or four games were like. I don't think he has the imagination to do otherwise, he couldn't or wouldn't see how awful his midfield was yesterday, and he certainly hadn't the foggiest idea of how to improve things or even slow down Barrow's rampaging attacks. A bit like Custer freezing when he saw all them injuns coming at him. Good job he wasn't in charge at Rorke's Drift.

Without detracting from some valid points in your post, the fact is that Notts are not an evolved team whereas Barrow clearly are.
    To be honest, I was as alarmed by yesterday's match (listened on radio, I'm afraid) as the hammering we took last season at home to Newport. That was the game that convinced me we were relegation fodder. Yesterday convinced me we are not going to win this league in 2020.
    What good would changing Ardley do now? He has to evolve this team and lessons must be learned along the way. That said, it is quite likely that when we play Barrow away we will steal the points. Recently, we won 4-0 away from home and the Woking contingent were praising Notts as the best team seen there this season.
    A pound to a penny we get past Northampton in the cup as well as taking something away from Aldershot next week.
    You’re spot on about the Newport game, yesterday was very similar to that.

So much for evolving...

What good would changing Ardley do now?

Kudos for trying, but endeavouring to reason with the typical football fan mentality is sometimes a futile exercise. Why would we want to take a patient, long-term approach when the short-term approach of frequently sacking managers has served us so brilliantly in recent years?

Fortunately, I get the impression that the current owners have a far less emotional, knee-jerk character than previous owners who were too easily swayed into managerial changes by a vocal element of the fanbase, especially online. If Ardley's team from this point went on a significant run of games without a win, then of course the owners' patience would be tested and rightly so, but yesterday was just one poor result against a very good team who may well turn out to be league champions.

After a very difficult summer we're just outside the play-offs. There is absolutely no reason for any panic measures at this point.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast