+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take for Ardley to change his midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    As for half our resources, evidence of that in every league , every single season. Leicester Vs Arsenal the other day on TV. Accrington versus almost everyone they play. Stags this season battered at home against poor resourced opposition. None of this is new. Burnley another example. It's not hard to identify them.
    Right, so because occasionally other teams lose games to clubs with lesser resources, it's fine for us to do the same.

Brilliant!

Who said that? Who said it's fine? I've searched through the thread, and the answer is nobody.

Do the teams with the bigger resources have a given right to beat sides with far less resources? If so, you are a bit late in telling Leicester City FC. All I said is it's commonplace, that's it.

We lost at home to a slick incredibly in form side, it's not the end of the world. Although the flat track bully comment earlier could unfortunately be right on the money.

Who said that? Who said it's fine? I've searched through the thread, and the answer is nobody.

Do the teams with the bigger resources have a given right to beat sides with far less resources? If so, you are a bit late in telling Leicester City FC. All I said is it's commonplace, that's it.

We lost at home to a slick incredibly in form side, it's not the end of the world. Although the flat track bully comment earlier could unfortunately be right on the money.
    Ardley will drop Doyle when the owners tap him on the shoulder and say..." we've not invested millions of pounds and time into Football Radar and Notts County to watch a 38 year old struggle in Centre Mid"

NA digging his own grave

Rubbish, it's occasional rather than commonplace. I've seen us win away at top level clubs and lose at home to non-league clubs, but these are rarities. It's certainly doesn't excuse the way we were outclassed by Barrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I still think Rose would be a better fit out wide on the right where his pace and physicality would be like a new signing. When he drives at defenders he looks a different player to the one we've seen so far this season. It'd also mean we would t have to play Shields or Osbourne who have neither looked up to the job out wide.

Rose playing out wide would also leave a position free in the middle for someone who is more comfortable on the ball in intricate situations like Booty or O'Brien. There is still a place for Rose, but not in the middle under the tactics Ardley is preferring at present

Rose in the middle has been a disaster waiting to happen since week one of the season.
    Agree with you 100 percent. Rose was a revelation bombing forward from right back last season, but a pretty average midfielder for the simple reason that he’s not a very good passer of the ball. Might be worth trying him in front of Brindley next week, move Enzio to the left and Booty to the middle. The problem then is that Booty and Doyle don’t give us any pace or power in the centre of the park.

As for where we should be aiming for n the league, we have two seasons of parachute payments (with next season’s being half of this year), so have got to be targeting the playoffs this season at the very least. That also means making sure we have a squad where every single player is challenging for a place, unlike this season.

So you were just making things up, as nobody had said it. Of course great resources and bigger budgets for squad , overall, shows through in league positions and which leagues teams operate but it doesn't mean we should now win every game cos we've got a more talented squad overall. You are old enough to know football doesn't work like that. Barrow are in great form, so a home defeat wasn't totally unexpected. The manner of it, the ease and the scoreline were very disappointing but it's only one game. Doesn't change tehe upturn in the past 8/10 games.

My point is, I believe that any fan saying that having next to no pre season hasn't cost us this season to date are plainly wrong. I'm saying NA wasn't the main reason for relegation to this level. I'm saying I didn't read hardly any, if any, fans expect automatic promotion before the season kicked off at Eastleigh based on the resources. Now since we got to play off area when we lose, suddenly we should be title winners in out first season in this league. I'm saying we are probably best not changing managers agin mid season, you know like we did twice last season. We've got a great sample base at NCFC and overall it doesn't often work out.

Naturally hindsight managers with no actual experience of managing a professional team would of course do much better than NA and all the other two managers of last season when it come to tactics , team selection, everything. Why wouldn't they? Their option is always right.

You are old enough to know football doesn't work like that. Barrow are in great form, so a home defeat wasn't totally unexpected.
    Have a glance at the score prediction thread, where only one poster predicted an away win. Guess who that poster was?

I'm not going to look, but I'm guessing it was you.

Not sure what's that got to do with this debate? Plus surely that only supports my claims of this OTT overreaction to any defeat as being ludicrous?

Calls for a managerial change as a result, anyone?

Nobody is saying not having a pre season didn't affect us though, not that I've seen anyway. It doesn't change the fact that some fans don't think Ardley is the man, for me I'd stick with him this season.

It’s an interesting debate, and I can well understand those who think we should have some stability and that sacking another manager isn’t the greatest idea in the world.

I just don’t understand the shock and horror at the suggestion that there is evidence to say Ardley just isn’t a very good manager, and we could well be doing better with someone else.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast