+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take for Ardley to change his midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Yes I believe we are non league standard as evidenced by the fact we are non league.

We have strong aspirations not to be and the squad to do it and perhaps the manager as long as he doesnt turn out to be a perennial nealry man ( nearly kept us up nearly got us up...) Like you I strongly hope we can get up. Making statements like yours is funny though especially when you ignore the facts!

Everything else doesnt matter.
    so do you think that a fellow none league team , with half the resources that we have should come to Meadow Lane and play us of the park ?
    I have seen the Aldershot score but don't know how we played , (I hear there was no passion)....
    its not about just losing a game , its the way we are losing , getting played of the park shouldn't be on the agenda.
    Getting beaten after playing well is always going to happen, getting played off the park by an inferior team shows poor management and does not bode well.
    we are mid table because there are many poor teams in this league , and because of the way we play we are amongst them.x

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Regarding Yeovil, after a decent start they have not been great of late having only won 2 of the last 6 games and losing 3 of those to Dover, Harrogate and Hartlepool, none of which have beaten Notts.

Its a weird league where anyone seems capable of beating anyone on their day. Currently Barrow are the leagues in form team having won 10 of their last 11 league games, losing once in that spell 4-2 to Torquay, who we beat.

That said seeing Popeye and Rose starting every week is frustrating but until JOB is fit again the only other CM option we have is Booty but as much as I like him I’m not convinced he’d be a good fit with either of the other two, however I could see Booty and JOB creating a good partnership if given a chance.
    I would say that Yeovil are our benchmark (even though we should be above them due to resources etc) and they are above us in the league . FACT !

Barrow no matter there form , shouldn't come to our ground and play us off the park , Never !
    yes beat us after playing well in a toe to toe battle , but play us of the park , never in a million years !

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    so do you think that a fellow none league team , with half the resources that we have should come to Meadow Lane and play us of the park ?
    I have seen the Aldershot score but don't know how we played , (I hear there was no passion)....
    its not about just losing a game , its the way we are losing , getting played of the park shouldn't be on the agenda.
    Getting beaten after playing well is always going to happen, getting played off the park by an inferior team shows poor management and does not bode well.
    we are mid table because there are many poor teams in this league , and because of the way we play we are amongst them.x
    What you or I believe or think is irrelevant. We are non league as we deserve to be. We are mid table as we deserve to be. Unless we make some changes we wont get any better. I don't disagree with you that we should not be losing to Barrow and Aldershot. Nobody would. We do need to be respectful of our environment though and if we want to start beating these teams we need to remember where we are accept the fact and bloody well get our hands dirty.

Is Ardley falling into the trap of previous failed managers by having favourites in his team regardless to how they play?? Isn't this something he said we had before he arrived and something he said lead to our downfall? I don't see how Doyle, Rose and Enzio make the starting 11 week in week out when all he tells us is you have to work for your place.

What you or I believe or think is irrelevant. We are non league as we deserve to be. We are mid table as we deserve to be. Unless we make some changes we wont get any better.
    I agree with all of that. I just think that the first change should be the manager, and sooner rather than later.

What you or I believe or think is irrelevant. We are non league as we deserve to be. We are mid table as we deserve to be. Unless we make some changes we wont get any better. I don't disagree with you that we should not be losing to Barrow and Aldershot. Nobody would. We do need to be respectful of our environment though and if we want to start beating these teams we need to remember where we are accept the fact and bloody well get our hands dirty.
    I think you just proved my point , xx

People decry the sacking of a manager saying it's not the answer, well maybe usually it isn't, but not always, sometimes it's the only way forward. In some cases keeping a manager who shows no sign of competence or has no idea of how to boost a failing team, has no plan B to implement during a a game and is frozen in his regularity of team selection, just has to go. Mr. Nice-but-dim should not be kept on just because our last Glorious Leader couldn't find anyone better who was willing to jump on our managerial merry-go-round. Ardley jumped on it but it's turned into a helter-skelter for him and for us, under Neal Ardley Notts County has become a coconut shy with about as much bite as a candy-floss. And I'm being as fair as I can.

We love a good sacking at Notts don't we? Does any club change manager more than us? Maybe us fans are so used to it now that we actually think it's the norm to have such a crazy level of managerial turnover.

We better do it soon or we won't maintain our average of two managers a season.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    We love a good sacking at Notts don't we? Does any club change manager more than us? Maybe us fans are so used to it now that we actually think it's the norm to have such a crazy level of managerial turnover.

Yaaaawn.

I think we all get that continually sacking the manager isn't a recipe for success, but it certainly worked when we appointed Cotterill.
    To reverse the question, I presume that you think that sticking with a manager is the way we should go. So exactly what qualities has Neal Ardley showed you to make you think that he is the future?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

I've been against the sacking of many managers that have left the club ...
    However
    I just don't see what NA is bringing to the club in terms of performances.

we play safe , create very little and concede often.
    we are often out thought by other managers. The poor teams we have played in this league are masking the faults that are obvious.
    NA took us down with the same ethos that is being displayed this season...
    a new team , new players , new owners , but the same levels of performances as last season, what is the common denominator ?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast