+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Euro '20 Finals

Half time.....
    Kosovo 0-1 England

Finished....Kosovo 0-4 England

There,s a huge gulf between qualifying for every tournament but getting dumped out at the first knock out game compared to a team with the ability to progress to the latter stages.
    I feel as though we've bridged that gap with just the defence needing some attention.

We.,ve come a long way in a very short time under GS and that,s a huge credit to him.
    What I like is that he,s not afraid to try new players and has lowered the average age considerably. He's done away with always playing the same nine or ten playerrs who had gone stale and looked as though they didn't want to be there.
    Every player now looks like they're enjoying themselves and wants to play for the shirt. We have a good amount of ability too especially in midfield and options in attack

He's obviously been following the Paul Warne model to success and why shouldn't he

England finishing has been sharp in last few games, but not tested against any of the "Big Boys". None of the top-ranked teams in Europe look like they have stonewall defences at the moment... but England don't have that either. Could be a high-scoring tournament this time around, and not easy to pick a clear favourite at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    There,s a huge gulf between qualifying for every tournament but getting dumped out at the first knock out game compared to a team with the ability to progress to the latter stages.
    I feel as though we've bridged that gap with just the defence needing some attention.

We.,ve come a long way in a very short time under GS and that,s a huge credit to him.
    What I like is that he,s not afraid to try new players and has lowered the average age considerably. He's done away with always playing the same nine or ten playerrs who had gone stale and looked as though they didn't want to be there.
    Every player now looks like they're enjoying themselves and wants to play for the shirt. We have a good amount of ability too especially in midfield and options in attack

He's obviously been following the Paul Warne model to success and why shouldn't he
    Tend to agree Flour. I think we'll most likely fall short in the end stages of a tournament but if we can get some kind of consistent defence, we're not far off, although probably would need a fat bit of luck to win it.

We can dream!

I’d like an England team to support that is actually made up from people born in England. Cricket no, rugby no, football no. No pride in our teams anymore as they are not national teams.

Kari Arnason on subs bench for Iceland tonight. Currently drawing 1-1 in Moldova. No shock results in tonight's other Euro group games yet

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    I’d like an England team to support that is actually made up from people born in England. Cricket no, rugby no, football no. No pride in our teams anymore as they are not national teams.
    Bit of a strange comment considering 10 of the starting 11 were born in England and the only one who wasn't is Sterling who moved to England at 5 years old. Out of interest, do you know how many of the 11 who played in '66 were born in England?

We sometimes flatter to deceive,poor teams make us look poor at time,we sometimes look as if we have run out of ideas when the pressures on.

All of them, prove me wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast