+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Euro '20 Finals

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    All of them, prove me wrong.
    Wasn't really the point as the assumption seems to be white people are born in England and non-whites aren't. So your statement would have been more accurate if you'd said I'd prefer to support an England team without Raheem Sterling in it as all the rest were born in England?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Wasn't really the point as the assumption seems to be white people are born in England and non-whites aren't. So your statement would have been more accurate if you'd said I'd prefer to support an England team without Raheem Sterling in it as all the rest were born in England?
    CAM, it's probably some rather offensive wind-up from him as usual...

Moving on... Arnie was unused sub as Iceland won 2-1 and go into the play-offs. Only "shock" tonight was Bulgaria 1 Czech Rep. 0, although the Czechs had already qualified for the next stage and might have had a reserve squad line-up tonight.

Aww come on lads, this wasnt meant to be a political or even a poor racist based whites & non-whites thread... its about England Fc in next years Euro '20 Finals!.
    So come on, lets cheer for the three lions on the National shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Euro 96 produced best ever England performance in a major competition when we beat Holland 4:1. Rubbish against Spain but got through on pens. Then if Gazza hadn't cut his toenails we'd have beaten Germany.
    Don’t agree with that. 1966 World Cup Final was our greatest performance and the semi against Portugal wasn’t far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Don’t agree with that. 1966 World Cup Final was our greatest performance and the semi against Portugal wasn’t far behind.
    Yes, that was a fine Portugal team, led by Eusebio and great entertainers (unlike most of the other teams in that tournament)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Fikayo Tomori was born in Canada and Nathaniel Chalobah was born in Sierra Leone.

England teams at all levels are increasingly African and mainly London-born/ bred.

The England rugby union and cricket teams have more foreign-born players though.

Black people have an advantage in football in that they reach puberty first and are therefore more likely to be picked for/ kept on at academies.

Whereas East Asians reach puberty last and don't get picked, one of the reasons there are no British East Asian footballers playing at the top level.
    Last edited by great_fire; 18-11-2019 at 03:11 PM.

One change I would like so see is England adopt the Brazilian style

Not for style of play but for naming players.

As Edson Arantes do Nascimento is known as Pele, we could have much shorter names for the England players with daft double barrelled names.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    One change I would like so see is England adopt the Brazilian style

Not for style of play but for naming players.

As Edson Arantes do Nascimento is known as Pele, we could have much shorter names for the England players with daft double barrelled names.
    Tammy Abraham's real first name is Kevin.

Looking at the Under 17s teams the only white England players in 25 years time will be the goalkeepers, and in time that will be seen as the only position white people can play in.

I'm thinking of writing a book set in 2050 where a white kid wants to be a striker but his PE teacher puts him in goal and his black teammates don't believe he can be a striker but he keeps scoring goals when sent up at corners at the end of games and eventually he's accepted as a striker and wins the big game.

Just made for adaption into a British film.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Looking at the Under 17s teams the only white England players in 25 years time will be the goalkeepers, and in time that will be seen as the only position white people can play in.

I'm thinking of writing a book set in 2050 where a white kid wants to be a striker but his PE teacher puts him in goal and his black teammates don't believe he can be a striker but he keeps scoring goals when sent up at corners at the end of games and eventually he's accepted as a striker and wins the big game.

Just made for adaption into a British film.
    Casting might be difficult though, finding LGBTQ+ disabled actors that can’t actually act and finding an obscure reason why the keeper is in a wheelchair.

Without that the BBC serialisation would be a non starter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123