+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Euro '20 Finals

The Euro '20 Finals

Nahh then lads, as we're all neutrals and England fans together here of course lol... this is another summer footy tournament to look forward to isnt it. I cant understand the ridiculous idea to stage this tourny throughout Europe though, what is the gain here exactly ?.
    We/England will play all 3 group games at Wembley, and this will give us the old Euro '96 vibe again, and Im really looking forward to it. And if we can get that far, the Semi's and the Final itself will also be played at Wembley.
    For me lads, this is THE biggest chance yet for me to see our England lions win something again, at last!.

Yep, let's hope we can take advantage of this and win it. I think we need to sort out our central defenders first though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Nahh then lads, as we're all neutrals and England fans together here of course lol... this is another summer footy tournament to look forward to isnt it. I cant understand the ridiculous idea to stage this tourny throughout Europe though, what is the gain here exactly ?.
    We/England will play all 3 group games at Wembley, and this will give us the old Euro '96 vibe again, and Im really looking forward to it. And if we can get that far, the Semi's and the Final itself will also be played at Wembley.
    For me lads, this is THE biggest chance yet for me to see our England lions win something again, at last!.
    We didn't win Euro 96 despite home advantage , a very good coach and significantly better players than we have right now .

Don't get your hopes up , semi finals would still be over achieving in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Yep, let's hope we can take advantage of this and win it. I think we need to sort out our central defenders first though!!!
    Well, we've got time at least to try and sort summat out here, in defense and maybe as keeper as well.

Nobody said we won Euro '96 did they, and they should be whacked if they actually said so.
    We will get our hopes up of course, and Im sure we will enjoy the tournament no matter what happens. Come on England, and thats an offense isnt it these days, to say summat like that on here ?.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We didn't win Euro 96 despite home advantage , a very good coach and significantly better players than we have right now .

Don't get your hopes up , semi finals would still be over achieving in my opinion .
    Tha whaaaaaat? I'm also sentimental about the Euro 96 team, especially Gazza, but England have evolved since then. Back then we were all about heart, determination and the old so called bulldog spirit. Gazza gave us a bit of flair, Shearer was lethal and we had a strong defence, stronger and better than what we have now. We also had a world class keeper in his prime, Rotherham's own David Seaman.

Now we're all about pace and technique and we have it in abundance. Whether it's enough to win a trophy I don't know. There are 7 or 8 contenders and England are certainly in that group but if we're going to win owt, we could do with avoiding the likes of France, Spain, Holland, Italy, Germany, Belgium and Portugal, which will be practically impossible.

Don’t get your hopes up lads...... we’ll get Knocked our in semis on penalties

Euro 96 produced best ever England performance in a major competition when we beat Holland 4:1. Rubbish against Spain but got through on pens. Then if Gazza hadn't cut his toenails we'd have beaten Germany.

We have an awful lot of Bogey teams to beat to win the Euro's, even with home advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Tha whaaaaaat? I'm also sentimental about the Euro 96 team, especially Gazza, but England have evolved since then. Back then we were all about heart, determination and the old so called bulldog spirit. Gazza gave us a bit of flair, Shearer was lethal and we had a strong defence, stronger and better than what we have now. We also had a world class keeper in his prime, Rotherham's own David Seaman.

Now we're all about pace and technique and we have it in abundance. Whether it's enough to win a trophy I don't know. There are 7 or 8 contenders and England are certainly in that group but if we're going to win owt, we could do with avoiding the likes of France, Spain, Holland, Italy, Germany, Belgium and Portugal, which will be practically impossible.
    In ‘96 we left our stamina and sharpness in the hotel bars.

That was the difference between winning it and getting knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Euro 96 produced best ever England performance in a major competition when we beat Holland 4:1. Rubbish against Spain but got through on pens. Then if Gazza hadn't cut his toenails we'd have beaten Germany.
    With the bonus that the 1 goal we conceded also eliminated Scotland

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast