+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should a club be entitled to challenge any dismissal?

Should a club be entitled to challenge any dismissal?

Taking stock of Ogbene's second yellow and subsequent red card dismissal, I feel a club should be able to challenge this, similar to a straight red. Why is it you can only challenge a straight red but not for two yellows and the inevitable red?

If there are questionable/mitigating circumstances, as there were yesterday, then surely as a dismissal its warrants an appeal?

The actions of the Accrington player going in on Ogbene probably made him lift himself off the floor to avoid contact and a probable injury. Their player did pull out of making contact but it's the 'intent' that forced Ogbene to take evasive action.

I only hope Warne reflects on the poor officiating by giving him a low score. Doubt he will though.

Warne should have come out and said what the majority saw yesterday.
    Incompetent, cheat, out of his depth?

Take your pick yes he would get a fine but I would chip in 😊

I’d take harsh red cards like that over VAR any day.

Yes I was thinking same Brin, what a stupid rule it is

Don’t you think if the official did an interview after the game that would help clear thing up or not?

We fans always jump on but sometimes we are wrong and the ref is right (not often mind )

Hard to contest it when the Manager wasn't unduly upset about it in his post-match interview.

Might have been different if they had equalised from the free kick which never should have been anyway..

Warne is too soft on refs they have been a disgrace all season...

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Hard to contest it when the Manager wasn't unduly upset about it in his post-match interview.
    Mr Nice won’t risk upsetting anybody no matter how justified it is.