+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Curtis Thompson watch.

O/T:- Curtis Thompson watch.

Watching the Tranmere v Wycombe game.
    Curtis is No 18 and in Central midfield, he has changed his hairstyle and put on a bit of weight on so I didn’t spot him at first.

He looks a bit leggy, doesn’t rat around with his usual speed and generally is off the pace in the first 30 minutes. One decent bit of skill but the game seems to be passing him by.

Just waiting now for a 25 yard screamer from him to prove me wrong but up to now not very impressed.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-10-2020 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Watching the Tranmere v Wycombe game.
    Curtis is No 18 and in Central midfield, he has changed his hairstyle and put on a bit of weight on so I didn’t spot him at first.

He looks a bit leggy, doesn’t rat around with his usual speed and generally is off the pace in the first 30 minutes. One decent bit of skill but the game seems to be passing him by.

Just waiting now for a 25 yard screamer from him to prove me wrong but up to now not very impressed.
    He is playing in Div 1, which suggests he is far better than some of the players we currently employ in those positions...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He is playing in Div 1, which suggests he is far better than some of the players we currently employ in those positions...
    Well spotted Durham I hadn’t noticed that this wasn’t non league! !!

I was interested in wether he was looking like a good player we shouldn’t have let go and to date his performance hasn’t been great. although obviously two leagues higher.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Well spotted Durham I hadn’t noticed that this wasn’t non league! !!

I was interested in wether he was looking like a good player we shouldn’t have let go and to date his performance hasn’t been great. although obviously two leagues higher.
    The rest of the Wycombe team must be brilliant if they're topping League One whilst carrying a passenger.

Let's be honest, not for the first time we f*cked up and let a good young player walk out of the door. And the thing that really annoys is me is that we had seen his potential as a central midfielder but successive managers (apart from Derry) continued to treat him as a utility player.
    Last edited by jackal2; 17-11-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Not seen any of this game, but the fact he’s a regular for a team TOP of League One (around 55 places higher than us in the football pyramid) suggests it probably wasn’t our finest hour to get shot of him!

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Not seen any of this game, but the fact he’s a regular for a team TOP of League One (around 55 places higher than us in the football pyramid) suggests it probably wasn’t our finest hour to get shot of him!
    One of our own who towards the end of his Notts career did not get enough games and we let go when we shouldn’t have done. This is not me being blinkered either because he was one of our own. Since he left Notts he’s won players player of the season 18/19 and is now in a team who are challenging at the top end of league one.

He should be here working his way up to captain status and being our longest serving player to boot.

His best spell at the club in my opinion was during the Derry league one season in the central midfield role where he was pivotal. Who knows what happened in the playoff season but under Nolan he featured little. Probably not a glitz and glamour player that the chairman wanted. Instead we let him go at the end of the 17/18 season and he signed for Wycombe and we brought in the likes of David Vaughan, Noor Husin, and the class of 2018 Tom Crawford, Will Patching. Where are they now in comparison? Its actually cringeworthy and embarrassing in hindsight that the club did that.

The release of Curtis Thompson is an example of a string of bad decisions made by the club that led this club to the National League. The club must learn from this going forward.

Good young players should be leaving Notts. But for £250k+ each time. It's how we become a sustainable club.

As the above post says we need to bring through our best youth players. And we as fans need to allow them the odd off game and not crucify them for mistakes. Fingers crossed Ben Osborne gets some more game time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Fingers crossed Ben Osborne gets some more game time soon.
    I though Forest sold him to the Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Just to clarify Muzzy, I do understand all you have posted and was commenting only on the performance I was actually watching not on the performances early this season that I haven’t watched.

Playing on TV now for Wycombe against Watford. Putting in a disciplined shift against more technical players than he's used to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast