+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ian Harkes

Still adapting to scottish football but has shown some decent attributes....could and should push on to bigger things!

Cracking player and he'll continue to get better. I think the Premier League will really suit him as well.

I’d get Harkes signed up on Jim McLean style contact as I feel there is a big star in the making. Once we are back in the top league the standard of players who will be attracted to our club will improve greatly and that will suit Harkes down to a tee. As others have suggested he will get better and better and I’ll be looking for Neilson to build the team around this young man, a team that will take us back where we belong, challenging for cups and euro spots.

Eh also think players are getting used to Harkes. This is shown as players are running off him giving him more, quicker options to pass to.
    Harkes likes to pass quickly and the players now know this so are ready to move knowing there is a very good chance he will find one. It allows us to break and not allow teams to get back

Quote Originally Posted by skarne1 View Post
    Eh also think players are getting used to Harkes. This is shown as players are running off him giving him more, quicker options to pass to.
    Harkes likes to pass quickly and the players now know this so are ready to move knowing there is a very good chance he will find one. It allows us to break and not allow teams to get back
    He appears to see and execute a lovely defence splitting pass every now and then; and it gets you thinking - 'now here's something interesting' - a bit like when Ryan Gauld started to show up early on. Gauld was doing it in the top league though. He seems to be learning all the time though, and that is encouraging.

Should we get promoted, I would hope that he could be one that could make the 'step up' and do well. But like others have implied, I think he needs to be in a team that is settled and has someone experienced like Butch to help him do what he can do.

I think it's worth remembering he actually played a lot of matches in the MLS. The level of this is well above ours. There is no doubt in my mind he'll be one for the higher level.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 21-11-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)