+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Boris v Jezza

Johnson is obviously a lying charlatan who’s only interest is the career of Boris Johnson, but Corbyn’s inability or unwillingness to call him out on that is very frustrating. Call the bloke what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I can't quite believe I'm saying this but I actually agree with you on this Sidney. Corbyn was everything I expected him to be and as much as I detest the man I was prepared to view his performance with an open mind. He did nothing to make me think any better of him.

As for Boris I was frankly quite dissappointed and expected, nay hoped for much more from him but unfortunately he just didn't deliver on any level that made me think, yes, he's the man!

It'll be interesting to see how my poll results pan out for this week after that. As mentioned on that thread I still believe the Tories are treading on thin ice and a majority is by no means a given if intention to vote percentages are not properly translated to seats in the Commons.
    People who read the Daily Mail, or people who read the Guardian don’t read to be informed, or , persuaded, they read whatever reinforces their own prejudices , and opinions, I suspect that last night reflected that in whoever you thought won.

The whole “debate saga” is a stage managed Punch , and Judy Show from start to finish , with parties playing to their own audiences. Unfortunately there is no suitable Crocodile waiting in the wings to steal the sausages.

Just what you would expect

[It was a shame the programme was only an hour long. Every time Boris or Corbyn started to answer a question, Julie cut them short due to time constraints. If you read today's Tory newspapers Boris was the winner, if you read the Labour backed papers Corbyn won, which is obviously entirely predicable. I don't think the programme will have any effect on the election outcome, but I think it's the Tories election to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Someone in wardrobe really should have advised Corbyn about making a spectacle of himself. He was reminiscent in so many ways of Michael Foot (except Michael Foot had a prodigious intellect).
    And then someone had the gall to call out Prince Charles for having a man to help with every change of clothes despite the fact that he has to meet a variety of people and dignitaries in a variety of circumstances and no doubt requiring more than one or two sets of different attire a day.

Still, you are right about Corbyn and Foot, though I quite liked the latter in an academic and kind way.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Anyone who thought Bozo emerged from that shenanigan with credit must have azure-tinted glasses. He was awful, a bumbler who sounded like a stuck Brexit record who used arcane language to 'wow' his audience. Personally, I think Johnson's intellect is not as impressive as his party would have us believe. So, he knows a bit of Greek and Latin but has next to no nous.
    Someone in wardrobe really should have advised Corbyn about making a spectacle of himself. He was reminiscent in so many ways of Michael Foot (except Michael Foot had a prodigious intellect).
    When Clinton and Trump went head to head, people complained in disbelief that from 160 million people it was shameful that this was the best America had to offer. Well, now the same applies here in the UK. The sad thing is I can't think that either party has back-up with candidates in waiting.
    The days of sparkling oratory and wit would appear to be over.
    The population of the USA is 320 million not 160 million. Other than that not much to disagree with.

I watched 10 minutes of it then turned over, what a waste of air time that was!!! It's just another election where you vote again the person you dislike the most.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Johnson is obviously a lying charlatan who’s only interest is the career of Boris Johnson, but Corbyn’s inability or unwillingness to call him out on that is very frustrating. Call the bloke what he is.
    "charlatan" Knob

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    "charlatan" Knob
    For once we are in agreement. Calling Johnson a charlatan knob is much more accurate than merely calling him a charlatan.

If we're going for accuracy, I think 'lying charlatan knob' trumps the lot.

'Vladimir Corbin's' Manifesto is a joke - even the Institute for Fiscal Studies has stated that his spending plans are just not credible (just like himself, McDonald & Abbot "not credible & not fit to govern"

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    'Vladimir Corbin's' Manifesto is a joke - even the Institute for Fiscal Studies has stated that his spending plans are just not credible (just like himself, McDonald & Abbot "not credible & not fit to govern"
    The IFF also said that the Brexit vote has left the country £66bn poorer already and will harm the economy for generations. So according to them we’re screwed either way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast