+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Boris v Jezza

O/T:- Boris v Jezza

... it'll be like fight night with the media smarming all over the occasion.
    For Boris supporters, it'll be like watching Notts, praying he doesn't make a cock up.
    For Jezza, Momentum will already have written up their press release about his orgasmic performance, however well he does.
    For me, I have a much more important meeting at ML ... should be more interesting than the B v J show.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-11-2019 at 02:19 AM.

I've been watching Wales v Hungary!

To be honest, I think a lot of people have already made their mind up which way they're voting this time around. The battle lines have been drawn for a while with the Brexit factor at play, and the only significant doubt is how many votes the Conservatives and Labour might lose to 'other' parties, rather than to each other.

No doubt different sides of the media will try to create a post-debate narrative to suit their favourite, with carefully edited snippets from two leaders, but the respective biases of the newspapers and the television news stations are so unsubtle these days that I'm not sure even the more gullible members of the public are swayed like they once were. I suspect there's a growing anti-media sentiment amongst the public, not dissimilar to what's happened in the US (though not as intense yet).

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    To be honest, I think a lot of people have already made their mind up which way they're voting this time around. The battle lines have been drawn for a while with the Brexit factor at play, and the only significant doubt is how many votes the Conservatives and Labour might lose to 'other' parties, rather than to each other.
    I watched it, apart from Corbyn somehow having the worst pair of glasses in the world it was everything I expected it would be. No real winner, nothing to change anyone’s minds, a bit of a non event really.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... it'll be like fight night with the media smarming all over the occasion.
    For Boris supporters, it'll be like watching Notts, praying he doesn't make a cock up.
    For Jezza, Momentum will already have written up their press release about his orgasmic performance, however well he does.
    For me, I have a much more important meeting at ML ... should be more interesting than the B v J show.
    If we are being honest boris made himself look like a fool...!
    His answer to every question was Brexit...

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I watched it, apart from Corbyn somehow having the worst pair of glasses in the world it was everything I expected it would be. No real winner, nothing to change anyone’s minds, a bit of a non event really.
    I think there was a novelty factor around the first televised leaders debate in 2010 when Nick Clegg played Cameron and Brown off against each other and the polls changed dramatically for a few days, but interest was short-lived. We live in a 24-hour news culture where people have already heard the slogans and answers.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    If we are being honest boris made himself look like a fool...!
    His answer to every question was Brexit...
    Like the opinion polls say (if you take any notice of them) 51% Boris 49% Jeremy no change there.
    Whoever side you are on your man came out best.

Anyone who thought Bozo emerged from that shenanigan with credit must have azure-tinted glasses. He was awful, a bumbler who sounded like a stuck Brexit record who used arcane language to 'wow' his audience. Personally, I think Johnson's intellect is not as impressive as his party would have us believe. So, he knows a bit of Greek and Latin but has next to no nous.
    Someone in wardrobe really should have advised Corbyn about making a spectacle of himself. He was reminiscent in so many ways of Michael Foot (except Michael Foot had a prodigious intellect).
    When Clinton and Trump went head to head, people complained in disbelief that from 160 million people it was shameful that this was the best America had to offer. Well, now the same applies here in the UK. The sad thing is I can't think that either party has back-up with candidates in waiting.
    The days of sparkling oratory and wit would appear to be over.
    Last edited by sidders; 20-11-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Anyone who thought Bozo emerged from that shenanigan with credit must have azure-tinted glasses. He was awful, a bumbler who sounded like a stuck Brexit record who used arcane language to 'wow' his audience. Personally, I think Johnson's intellect is not as impressive as his party would have us believe. So, he knows a bit of Greek and Latin but has next to no nous.
    Someone in wardrobe really should have advised Corbyn about making a spectacle of himself. He was reminiscent in so many ways of Michael Foot (except Michael Foot had a prodigious intellect).
    When Clinton and Trump went head to head, people complained in disbelief that from 160 million people it was shameful that this was the best America had to offer. Well, now the same applies here in the UK. The sad thing is I can't think that either party has back-up with candidates in waiting.
    The days of sparkling oratory and wit would appear to be over.
    I can't quite believe I'm saying this but I actually agree with you on this Sidney. Corbyn was everything I expected him to be and as much as I detest the man I was prepared to view his performance with an open mind. He did nothing to make me think any better of him.

As for Boris I was frankly quite dissappointed and expected, nay hoped for much more from him but unfortunately he just didn't deliver on any level that made me think, yes, he's the man!

It'll be interesting to see how my poll results pan out for this week after that. As mentioned on that thread I still believe the Tories are treading on thin ice and a majority is by no means a given if intention to vote percentages are not properly translated to seats in the Commons.

It was boring, I fell asleep near the end. Same old crap, bozo bumbling along and jezza looking a twonk for not answering who he'd back remain or leave in the run up to their vote. Still think Jo Swinton is no worse than these two.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Still think Jo Swinton is no worse than these two.
    I suppose the real question should be "is she any better?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast