+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Any news from the Morecambe Yeti?

Great at last to see your photos, so majestic ,the grape vine says it is becoming a rubbish dump? The main thingy is ''you did not disturb, ye gods and goddesses on those mountains''? We do need some luck at the turf. Then you were close, near to a part of the Dead Sea? Well, the Israelis did send a rescue and medical team to Nepal,so maybe they left behind some salt?? The lowest point on land is the Dead Sea that borders Israel, the West Bank and Jordan. It's 420 meters below sea level. I descended and walked up ''Wadi Kelt ,last Saturday ,hurting like hell and feel so stiff ,that night and the day after! So full marks to real hikers. With sunsets mountains of gold ,now that's a sight to see. click ,click,click .......

seems you had a wonderful experience - 59'.....and Super images - Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Is that you with Eddie Howe's dad 1959_60?
    Which photo is that BT?

I think the answer is probably no though!

Thanks for sharing the photos 59, and congratulations on completing the trek and getting back safe and well, assuming the Khumba cough has cleared up now. Would you also pass on my congrats to Mrs 59-60 who did it all as well, what a wonderful lady she must be.

I'm not tempted though, my next trek will be either Penyghent, or more likely Loughrigg Fell, somewhere there are no memorials to fallen climbers is my preference, but well done mon ami.

Thanks Sinkov!

She is a real trooper and I am very proud of her.

We are both getting over a very nasty cold which we caught on the trek - today is the first day I have felt anything like normal for the last month.

The trekking was tough but no tougher than an average day in the Lakes. The differences were..
    14 days trekking on the trot.
    Altitude (it slows you down but if you don't rush then you can manage it)
    Sleeping in a sleeping bag every night in sub zero temperatures
    The lack of pies.

If we went again we would go in the Spring when it is warmer (although it was perfectly warm enough as long as the sun was up), it stays lighter longer and the magnificent flowers will be out - at lower levels.
    The benefit of going in November is that the air is crystal clear, giving fantastic views of the mountains, and the weather is very settled with bright sunny days with little wind.

We are now looking forwards to getting back on the Wainwrights in the Lake District which, for me, are just as rewarding as tramping in the Himalayas.
    And Loughrigg Fell is a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    And Loughrigg Fell is a gem.
    Indeed, and it takes longer to get from one side to the other than you would imagine, just looking at it from Ambleside, as I found out to my cost many years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Smashing photos of something that I am sure you will never forget.
    Khatmandu looks busier than when I was there in the 1980s although it could be my mind playing tricks!
    Kathmandu is a wonderful chaotic, lively, daft as a brusgh city these days Super.

The traffic is just manic but the drivers are totally laid back and we never saw any road rage. Crossing the road needs a strong nerve and to switch your brain off. You just set off across the road in front of a mass of cars and motorbikes...and they will actually stop and let you cross! The people are truly special - very giving friendly and open.
    The Tamil area is just mindblowing. This is the big retail area with shops, bars, cafes etc and is indescribably lively.
    I would love to have visited the place in the 60's and 70's when it was a mecca for hippies and religious types.
    The goods you can buy are of a much better standard generally than in the UK but the prices are ludicrously cheap.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)