+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pochettino

Fail to see why Ericsson hasn't sparked him out, like...although I guess the backstory is a little more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Fail to see why Ericsson hasn't sparked him out, like...although I guess the backstory is a little more complicated.
    OOH lala

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    They always tell us it's a 'results' business.

Well, his recent result was a Champions League final. I think he's a very talented manager and the poor performances this season are down to a lack of transfer activity at the club IMO.
    Agreed.

I was gobsmaked he was fired.

They have to have someone lined up to fire him out of the blue like that - he has looked so disillusioned this season though.

Looks like it's Mourinho.
    One thing's for sure; Tottenham will be very busy in January. I think levy's negotiating with the bank to advance him a couple of billion for signings in January.

I think this is a bad move and will end in tears. Mourinho is a self-centered busted flush nowadays who needs buckets of money to operate.
    A decent transfer kitty was the thing Poch seemed to be denied due to other factors so it will be interesting how much Jose has available to him.
    Would love to see Poch here instead of Mrs Doubtfire, but no self-repecting manager would ever come near us whilst this regime is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    I think this is a bad move and will end in tears. Mourinho is a self-centered busted flush nowadays who needs buckets of money to operate.
    A decent transfer kitty was the thing Poch seemed to be denied due to other factors so it will be interesting how much Jose has available to him.
    Would love to see Poch here instead of Mrs Doubtfire, but no self-repecting manager would ever come near us whilst this regime is in charge.
    Exactly this. I said the same when he took over at Manure. The Incredible Sulk can't live up to his opinion of himself.

I think it's kind of interesting to see what Mourinho can do at Spurs. For some reason I think he will do quite well there, at least initially.

What makes it strange is that Pochettino asked for a few bob in the summer to bring in new players, and was denied it. Now they've gotten in a manager who claims he didn't receive a big enough transfer kitty to compete at Man Utd after they'd signed the likes of Pogba and Bailly. Hmm.

Agree completely Hughie, i think he'll win them a trophy this season - probably the FA Cup.

I also find it bizarre that they wouldn't give Potch money yet they'll have to give Jose alot, he won't have gone there with no guarentees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agree completely Hughie, i think he'll win them a trophy this season - probably the FA Cup.

I also find it bizarre that they wouldn't give Potch money yet they'll have to give Jose alot, he won't have gone there with no guarentees.
    There’s clearly ‘bad blood’ between Levy and Poch. It’s a bit like the situation with Rafa where the owner gave him no financial backing, then a new man comes in and the owner opens the cheque book. Clearly a big break down in trust after being a Champions League finalist.

I wouldn’t compare Levy to Ashley though. Giving money to spend on Mourinho’s squad is light years different to spending on a squad being managed by a cabbage patch doll.

I'd love to be able to have an alternative look at what would happen if Tottenham were still in their old ground at this particular time, in terms of whether Mourinho would actually take the job.

I personally think Mourinho's taken the new glitter not the supposed heritage.
    There's clearly a lot more wrong at Tottenham than Pochettino just simply dropping a notch.

I'm going to take a guess that too many players are getting above themselves and I'll speculate that this is a money issue, in terms of wages.

My guess is, Pochettino's managed to give them a regular top 4 and champions league and also a final.
    I think this has created an entitlement, wage wise, of certain players believing they're worth a lot more money because of this...and weirdly it's all on the back of the good/great work Pochettino's done....and more weirdly it's backfired on him because Levy obviously won't play ball with the players in that respect. (Danny Rose for one, springs to mind).

The end result is players losing their will in some cases, leading to dressing room unrest and obviously lack of overall team/squad effort in games.

On top of that.... likely internal strife with certain players against each other for reasons mentioned on here.
    I think Pochettino's knew well in hand that his days were numbered.
    I think he's likely knew in hand that Mourinho's been touted to take over, because this hasn't been a sacking on one night and a installation of mourinho the very next day, on a whim.

I feel sorry for Pochettino.... but in his favour, some club is going to get a fantastic manager.

Can Mourinho right the wrong at the club?
    I highly doubt it....as is.
    I think the player issue is with Levy and those above and it will remain so with those players.
    Unless Mourinho goes upstairs and demands they get what they think they deserve or is allowed to wipe them out in January for a quick few hundred million panic raid on the transfer market for players that will likely sign for the stadium and trimmings, rather than anything else.
    And then given the high ranking wages to match, leaving the rest of the players to almost mutiny and create a similar toxic atmosphere as it was at Man Utd when Mourinho walked in.

I think Tottenham's (Levy)taken one massive massive gamble.

Just my speculation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)