+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pochettino Sacked

Pochettino Sacked

I doubt Spurs would be sniffing out our manager but ya never know.

Spurs will go backwards from this point onwards.

Pulis is looking for a job in the Premiership.

Nuno ?

Reading on the BBC website, top 4 finish for 4 out of 5 years, not forgetting last seasonís Champions League final. What do they expect?!
    Why is nobody allowed to have a rough patch and have the chance to turn things around ffs, heís given them more in 5 years than theyíve had in, well fck knows how long.

Obviously the man has been an abject failure. Pathetic decision but nothing surprises me now. Jose Mourinho? I will have to ask my nieces's husband who is an avid Spurs fan what he thinks about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Obviously the man has been an abject failure. Pathetic decision but nothing surprises me now. Jose Mourinho? I will have to ask my nieces's husband who is an avid Spurs fan what he thinks about it all.
    Checking the odds it seems that jose is favourite but he is a busted flush. Eddie Howe is second, i'd tek him in a flash. Odds for our manager is nowhere to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Nuno ?
    Very good shout Paul.....my son said the same.

Jose expected to be named as Spurs boss today.
    I can't see how this will work.
    He spends truckloads of cash and Levy expects to pay peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionmad View Post
    Jose expected to be named as Spurs boss today.
    I can't see how this will work.
    He spends truckloads of cash and Levy expects to pay peanuts.
    Now so named. It is Jose Mourinho. Well that must have been a done deal. We do have a moan when our boss gets the chop and no one is waiting in the wings. Well rightly or wrongly, that did not happen at Spurs.

Personally I would have stuck with Pochettino. Jose’s record, other than his first spell at Chelsea, has not been great.

I daresay he will get a very handsome payoff when he's sacked into his third season.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Now so named. It is Jose Mourinho. Well that must have been a done deal. We do have a moan when our boss gets the chop and no one is waiting in the wings. Well rightly or wrongly, that did not happen at Spurs.

Personally I would have stuck with Pochettino. Joseís record, other than his first spell at Chelsea, has not been great.
    My thoughts exactly!!

Personally I would have stuck with Pochettino. Joseís record, other than his first spell at Chelsea, has not been great.
    Agree with most of that. I donít like Levy but he runs the club how a club should be run in my opinion. No huge borrowing, keep to a salary structure and plan for the short term and long term. If elite football clubs, and indeed all clubs were run on the lines of living within your income it would be a fairer and better sport.

Still canít see why he wants Mourinho instead of Pochettino though but they must be panicking at the thought of not getting Champions League money when there business model and expenditure is all based upon that income stream. Probably thought he had no choice but to roll the dice and he had a named and experienced Manager lined up to replace Pochettino.

Canít see it ending well though. Mourinho will not play the way Spurs fans want, will not get the money he wants to spend on big transfers based on recent history. I will be very surprised if he still is there in 3 years time but one thing is for sure Is that Jose will make a fortune either way as will Poch and all his back room staff.

Personally I would have stuck with Pochettino. Jose’s record, other than his first spell at Chelsea, has not been great.
    Hasn't it?

League titles in Italy, Spain and England (again) after that first spell at Chelsea in addition to a European Cup at Inter and a Europa league Cup at man United amongst numerous cups, not too bad really.

Hope he's a flop at spurs ramos style.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Agree with most of that. I donít like Levy but he runs the club how a club should be run in my opinion. No huge borrowing, keep to a salary structure and plan for the short term and long term. If elite football clubs, and indeed all clubs were run on the lines of living within your income it would be a fairer and better sport.

Still canít see why he wants Mourinho instead of Pochettino though but they must be panicking at the thought of not getting Champions League money when there business model and expenditure is all based upon that income stream. Probably thought he had no choice but to roll the dice and he had a named and experienced Manager lined up to replace Pochettino.

Canít see it ending well though. Mourinho will not play the way Spurs fans want, will not get the money he wants to spend on big transfers based on recent history. I will be very surprised if he still is there in 3 years time but one thing is for sure Is that Jose will make a fortune either way as will Poch and all his back room staff.
    You seem to contradict yourself.

They have borrowed a lot and are desperate to find a stadium sponsor to alleviate that borrowing and according to you are reliant on a business model that needs champions league football.

Hardly prudent given the fact they've only been in the champs league a handful of seasons and haven't won anything for years.

More like his system is based on unsettling players at other clubs to get them on the cheap whilst proper "elite" clubs get given a price and they either pay it or not, and not paying players their market rate hence (fingers crossed) he'll lose Ericksen, Alderweld. Vertonghan for free next summer and Rose soon thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Hasn't it?

League titles in Italy, Spain and England (again) after that first spell at Chelsea in addition to a European Cup at Inter and a Europa league Cup at man United amongst numerous cups, not too bad really.

Hope he's a flop at spurs ramos style.
    Yes you are correct BB. Not a fan of Champions League and the Europa Cup is a nonsense, as is the League Cup (Carabou Cup) or whatever they deem it called these days, that is just my opinion though. Yes, he has had success winning league titles in Italy, Spain and England. However I still do not see him as a great manager. Just a big spender who sometimes gets lucky and sometimes does not.

If I was a betting man, I reckon he could be gone from Spurs before Christmas 2020.

I would say he was happy to leave.
    That they sacked him was to his benefit....Got Spurs from a nothing team to championship league football and top 4 ish for last 3 years or so and a final last year.
    It really does present the stark short term view in society today.....Very good manager who I am sure will highly sought after now....with no buy out clause...
    As sacking go....it has worked well for him around...
    I believe many Spurs fans are livid with this action......but ...

Very good isnít good enough these days. I hate the whole thing. Nothing lasts whoever it is. Nothing. So why treat good managers like trash? Hate it.