+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morecambe

Morecambe

I'll keep it short - will we bounce back and put in a good performance and win or has a rot set in?

I think that we will. It will be interesting to see what team we put out. Eddie back in definitely probably for Hunt. Powell, Ainley or Dale? Midfield Green, Wintle and Lowery with no Jones I imagine. Whatever I think that we will turn them over comfortably.

Hope we're not underestimating Morecambe esp with a new manager

Anyone else a bit miffed from the second half? Should be happy with 5-0 but.... Some were literally strolling. Most infuriating was poor selection of final ball into the box. When are they going to stop those hopeful chips? The other point is the number of times we got wide with players loaded into the box but then turned back and made it narrow forcing all our players to turn their backs to goal followed by a 'straight' ball away from the goal.
    I'll try and feel happy about it but Morecambe were the worst team I've seen for a while. 34 shots - 8 on target.

Just a footnote and to add some perspective on what I believe that you are implying as a poor ratio, out of the other 26 shots (off target) I think there must have been at least 10 that were blocked and heading for the goals and the three against the woodwork all which count as off target.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Anyone else a bit miffed from the second half? Should be happy with 5-0 but.... Some were literally strolling. Most infuriating was poor selection of final ball into the box. When are they going to stop those hopeful chips? The other point is the number of times we got wide with players loaded into the box but then turned back and made it narrow forcing all our players to turn their backs to goal followed by a 'straight' ball away from the goal.
    I'll try and feel happy about it but Morecambe were the worst team I've seen for a while. 34 shots - 8 on target.
    What on earth do you want? 5 goals, 3 shots against the woodwork and a clean sheet. I thought it was a brilliant performance.
    As for strolling through the 2nd half (personally I didn't think they did) but with an away game against the 2nd in the table only 72 hours later, they should have saved their energy for the battle ahead.

No complaints from me. On paper 5-0 everyone should be happy, but in truth Morecambe were a dreadful side. They were so bad I actually felt sorry for their supporters. You could have put a ballboy on and he/she would have scored goals.

But lets no get carried away, very few games will be as easy as this was.

Suitably chastened, I realise I should be more grateful
    I also felt a bit sorry for Morecambe. I don't want to see them go out.