+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TV Debate

TV Debate

What a complete waste of time that was, what was the point of getting these two on and then shutting them up before they could develop any point they were trying to make, ITV seems never to have heard of giving someone enough rope to hang himself. And yet, despite the fact that the time to discuss serious issues on how they would run the country was severely limited, Etchington still found the time to ask them about Prince Andrew. Jesus fecking wept, that's the mentality of the media in this country, morons just like our politicians.

The problem is sinkov our country is in a state of stagnation because of Brexit. Because the eejits the taxpayer funds in Westminster will not honour a democratic vote, nothing is getting done.
    The NHS is in freefall, serious issues like homelessness, child poverty, austerity, climate change, Northern bloody Rail, immigration, foreign policy etc. etc are not being addressed.
    I can't see this sh-it show ending anytime soon either, can you?

Having wasted yet another hour of my life watching that so called debate, neither Corbyn nor Johnson impressed. I think the debate should have had a single question, "What is your plan for the next five years if your political party is elected with a majority".

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The problem is sinkov our country is in a state of stagnation because of Brexit. Because the eejits the taxpayer funds in Westminster will not honour a democratic vote, nothing is getting done.
    The NHS is in freefall, serious issues like homelessness, child poverty, austerity, climate change, Northern bloody Rail, immigration, foreign policy etc. etc are not being addressed.
    I can't see this sh-it show ending anytime soon either, can you?
    Exactly BT, that's my point, they couldn't find time to address all those serious issues, but they found time to ask their views on a fecking Royal non-entity, which has no relevance to the future of this country at all. Who gives a FF what they think about a Royal knob jockey, what we want to know is what they think about the serious stuff you listed and plenty more besides. But ITV presumably thought those issues trivial in comparison. Jesus fecking wept.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Having wasted yet another hour of my life watching that so called debate, neither Corbyn nor Johnson impressed. I think the debate should have had a single question, "What is your plan for the next five years if your political party is elected with a majority".
    Indeed VC, ask your question and give them 20 minutes each to respond and we might have learnt something, enough to draw our own conclusions anyway. Instead, as you say, a precious hour of our short enough lives wasted.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)