+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Weve had a shot 57 th minute, St James park.

Weve had a shot 57 th minute, St James park.

The Exeter fans last night sang we have had a shot in the 57 th minute. 100 Cambridge fans had to wait till the 90th minute for a shot on target.

So what were the Cambridge players doing for the previous 90???????????

If I was playing last night, at 62 years of age, I could have launched an attack in the first ten seconds, by getting the ball and lobbing it into the enemies penalty area. All that was needed was a centre forward, 6 foot 3, or a quick son of a gun, or both, and hey presto.

A high ball has a 50-50 probability.

The other nonsense is that managers expect div2 players to pass the ball, and god forbid, then run into space for a return ball.

They wont or cant do it.

They wont or cant do it....x3 million 456,897.

If you cant get the ball into the penalty area, you cant score, you really cant. So the trick is to get it in as soon as possible. 10 balls into the area, 5 wins in the air by a Cambridge player, three maybe two goals. Maybe five if its Dion Dublin.

EASY PEASY.

If you don't play direct high balls deep into enemy territory, you get last nights game. We had lost before we started.

HOPELESS, MEANINGLESS, IMPOTENT, NEGATIVE, WRONG, DESTRUCTIVE...…

FAILURE...…………………………..

Frederico Ocular Gyric Crises, of Dry Drayton. Heres looking up.

p.s, my heart goes out to the 100.....the spartans. What a journey back, and some of them had to go to work.

pps, while we hit long balls into enemy territory, the opposition cant be peppering our goal. Can they?

Fancying around at the back always makes me nervous, and our lot were told to do it under Pressley. They were crap at it though, all EFL2 players are. They should be making chances, not concentrating on possession. The opposition will make mistakes, again because this is EFL2, and that’s how most goals are scored. I’m agreeing with you Frederico.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s third cousin.

Fourth division nonsense.

Ramesses III

See you soon!

Youse gannin up?

No. No.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)