+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Head Coach

The New Head Coach

What's your opinion ?
    Part of me wishes him well , part of me hopes he fails, no matter who they would bring in , he's immediately on the back foot with fans because of the unanimous show of affection for the departed Daniel ,
    It's now more clearer as to why they are here , they have got the man who will obviously do what they say ? I don't know if the fee for him is compensation or what , but if they were to show they had ambition ? Then that money I M O would have been better spent on recruitment for the team under our our former Coach , nothing suprises me anymore with this greedy lot , despise the lot of them .

" Gerhard has made it quite clear he believes in our project" sez Spud in the welcome Statement on the Official Site. As I ev sed on the other thread this is a dig at Daniel Stendel who stood up to them and challenged the owner's summer recruitment of kids only.
    If Struber izza yes man they will walk all over him. Struber ezza two and a heyf year contract in his pocket totalling abart 1 million Euros--abart £7000 a week guaranteed fo two andda heyf years. He can't looiz.
    Adda rather the 1 million Euros plus the compo to Wolfsberger ed been spent on two or three experienced lads but Spud and Hoss know better.

Good luck to Gerhard and I hope he works miracles to keep us up. If he ez bought into the "project" he ezzto accept that any player he develops will be sold and he will ev no opportunity to develop and build a successful team so he shunt chelp abart players
    being sold--maybe Woodrow in January will be his first lesson.

Chris Stern ez been dumped and thanked for his services, unlike Stendel.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-11-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Matt Rose is his assistant and there's more changes apparently in coaching staff what ever that means

On the Official Site there is a "Get to know Strubel" section.

It mentions Strubel's team's early victories in the Europa League but neglects to mention the recent defeats to Istanbul Basak 1-0 away and 0-3 at ooam leaving them bottom of the group. Just for balance.

As we've all said many times over they can hire who they want in the technical area but at championship level this policy DOES NOT WORK .

Any climb down from the club and an openness to admit their failings would have seen Warnock here and some experienced heads recruited in January .

Struber will have the blanket pulled from under his feet and given another batch of kids to achieve results with soon enough .

To be honest I'm finding it all rather boring these days , all my enthusiasm went with the departure of Daniel Stendel , I've nothing left to offer this club support wise other than the red button and the occasional full sky game , when Woodrow equalised against Bristol City with the last kick of the game the other week I didn't even react , absolutely nothing , totally dead emotionally .

For the vast majority of my life I've lived and breathed this club .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 20-11-2019 at 06:23 PM.

At any other time I would have felt a bit of excitement when a new manager or new player was announced but now it leaves me cold and I just read it same as any other piece of news which I find all a bit sad.

These owners are slowly killing this club.

He's a lamb to the slaughter. Or a shot to nothing, depending on how positive you wanna be. I can't see him getting a tune out of this lot but of course I know nothing about football.

Good luck to the new head coach. Tha'll need it working for this mob. Am sure we'll be going through the same procedure in 6/12 months irrespective of what he achieves or doesn't. Then again, will he be bothered? Another unknown head coach made a millionaire by the club. Anyone know what Morais is up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    These owners are slowly killing this club.
    Thuv killed it SB , also killed mooist ov support too , ope it stays fine forrum !!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast