+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stendel

My view on Conway and the board. Davies wouldn't sign a new contract he was replaced by Radlinger and Collins. Jackson wouldn't sign a new deal he was replaced. Pinnock and Lindsay were sold. They were all replaced by Anderson, Halme, Diaby and Sibbick. The model of signing young players was already in place brought in by the previous owners. We were never going to sign experienced centre backs. Kieffer Moore was sold and replaced by Chaplin, Schmidt and Wilks.

Money has been re-invested.

Then onto this season. Stendel wasn't getting results, sumats gone off and he's resigned/been sacked. The statement wasn't compassionate so everyone cried him a river. The board fecked up taking so long getting Struber in. I fail to see much else they could have done.

I agree they could and should have deviated from the plan and agree the plan is a crock of sh1t in the Championship. However, the plan has been in place since before they came and might be the reason they did come in the first place.

The board got lucky landing Stendel.
    He won promotion in spite of the board.
    We could have established ourselves in this division with a little investment. It's not like they couldn't afford it.
    Who'd heard of any of the signings you list above? How many of them will be remembered in 3 years time?
    How much profit can they expect to make on them?
    It's a rare thing when a manager connects with a club and its fans in the way Stendel did.
    I bet Sunderland wish they'd managed to get him in.
    They are an example to every club how hard it is to turn things round when things start to slide.
    I fear BFC is in for a massive slide.
    The next 2 transfer windows will tell us everything we need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    My view on Conway and the board. Davies wouldn't sign a new contract he was replaced by Radlinger and Collins. Jackson wouldn't sign a new deal he was replaced. Pinnock and Lindsay were sold. They were all replaced by Anderson, Halme, Diaby and Sibbick. The model of signing young players was already in place brought in by the previous owners. We were never going to sign experienced centre backs. Kieffer Moore was sold and replaced by Chaplin, Schmidt and Wilks.

Money has been re-invested.

Then onto this season. Stendel wasn't getting results, sumats gone off and he's resigned/been sacked. The statement wasn't compassionate so everyone cried him a river. The board fecked up taking so long getting Struber in. I fail to see much else they could have done.

I agree they could and should have deviated from the plan and agree the plan is a crock of sh1t in the Championship. However, the plan has been in place since before they came and might be the reason they did come in the first place.
    Steve
    Money has been re-invested.[/quote]
    The question is how much has been invested
    Re -invested suggests all of it...............................I think not mate
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 07-12-2019 at 06:34 PM.

The 45-year-old has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal and will take up his new post on Tuesday, December 10th.

German-born Daniel made a name for himself in his playing days as a striker in his homeland, featuring for clubs such as Hamburger SV, Hannover 96 and FC St Pauli.

It was at Hannover where he would cut his managerial teeth in April 2016 after a spell coaching the U19 side.

A little over two years later he arrived on British soil to take over at then League One side Barnsley.

Having been relegated prior to his arrival, Daniel immediately turned round their fortunes, leading the Oakwell outfit to a second-placed finish ahead of Jack Ross’ Sunderland, and securing promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking. He left them in October of this year.

While it has taken some time for this process to reach its conclusion we firmly believe that Daniel is the right man to take the club forward.

With our number one target now on board and his future pledged to Hearts, everyone at Tynecastle Park welcomes Daniel and hopes his appointment heralds an exciting new era for the Club as, together, we look to climb back up the Ladbrokes Premiership table.

Says on Sky appointed manager

Good luck to Daniel and his coaching team up at Hearts and I sincerely hope you make a huge success of the job up there .

Good luck Daniel. Thank you for the memories.

I'll look out for the Heart's results.

I'm assuming Hoss won his "fight" over compo then but will we ever know the truth abart whats gone on darn theear. Hoss should be made to face Andrew Neil fo heyf an hour.
    "Mr Conway, you said, and I quote, that last summer's tranfer window was the most successful in Barnsley FC history. Do you still stand by that ?"
    Bumble. rub hair, fist pump--"Yes"
    "But Mr Conway, your team is bottom of the league, effectively seven points from safety".

Daniel you provided me with some great memories last season , you put pride back in this club and you united us all , you did that despite the owners not because of them .

I sincerely hope you receive better backing at Hearts than you did here and can make Hearts the top 4 SPL club they should be .

All the best mi owd .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Good luck Daniel. Thank you for the memories.

I'll look out for the Heart's results.

I'm assuming Hoss won his "fight" over compo then but will we ever know the truth abart whats gone on darn theear. Hoss should be made to face Andrew Neil fo heyf an hour.
    "Mr Conway, you said, and I quote, that last summer's tranfer window was the most successful in Barnsley FC history. Do you still stand by that ?"
    Bumble. rub hair, fist pump--"Yes"
    "But Mr Conway, your team is bottom of the league, effectively seven points from safety".
    But isn't he growing the club slowly.................my arse

Andrew Neil--"Mr Conway, next week will be the second anniversary of your takeover. Do you feel the club is in a better position now than when you took over ?"
    Bumble, ruffle hair, double fist pump--"What we need to do is Get Relegation Done ! No more dither and delay at the bottom end of the Championship. We have an oven ready plan to throw kids into the most competitive second tier in Europe to Get Relegation Done".
    "Mr Conway, are you sure you can get relegation done by 31st January ?"
    "We will clear the blockage of Woodrow and Mowatt on the roster by 31st January and move onto things that matter--making profit for this club".
    "Are you saying profit is more important than success on the field ?"
    Bumble, ruffle hair, arm out to side in dismissive gesture--"Look, it is this Consortium that has turned round this club from the mess left to us by Patrick Cryne, it is this Consortium that has stopped wasteful and costly experienced players being brought in, it is this Consortium that has stopped the use of loan players. We now have a young group of players oven ready to be sold in two years and can look forward to huge profits. All we need to do is Get Relegation Done".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast