+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team v ict

Team v ict

Not really one for picking sides as the manager kens what's going on in training etc but what I'd like to see is

Hazard

Marshall Forster McGhee Kerr

Byrne

Mcdaid Dorrans Ness

Kane DJ

Alternatively

Same back 4

Byrne Ness

Mcdaid Dorrans Todd

DJ

Option 2 for me. with Hemmings starting, and Johnson getting on early if it isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Option 2 for me. with Hemmings starting, and Johnson getting on early if it isn't working.
    Our best performance of the season was DJ up top on his own that's why I plumped for him over Kane.

I think he's a more snarky aggressive player when your needing free kicks and bringing others into play, Kane has been getting better but finds himself isolated a lot when 1 up top.

Do I think the manager would play DJ before Kane in a 1 up front.....no.....his hand was forced v the sheep.

we are far too obvious now to the opposition and its even filtering through to the rank and file

flkkkkk the 1 up front get the 2 strikers on

its fkkkknn winter and punters need to be warmed up watching chances and seeing goals,not sitting freezing their *******s off watching the ball get slung sideways repeat infinity

why are we tolerating watching 1 up front even at home

boils my pissssssssssss

It's funny how fate sometimes takes a hand. KT was unavailable and Hartley was forced to find a system without him. It brought out a better team and better results. Like the idea of Byrne and Ness operating in front of the back 4. Your comment about Kane is interesting. what has happened either to him or our team that he is finding himself isolated. Has he "lost" some pace or dig or is there something else that has affected the way he is playing now? Maybe he had a great relationship with Greg Stewart and it's that part that's missing. I thought that your team with Dorrans playing higher up the pitch might be the missing cog in the team which is why I'd Hemmings the jersey to start with.

Feel sorry for Nelson. Seems totally unfair to play him out of position, but keep him in the team because he's shown sparks of what he can do. bit like Rory Loy under Hartley.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    we are far too obvious now to the opposition and its even filtering through to the rank and file

flkkkkk the 1 up front get the 2 strikers on

its fkkkknn winter and punters need to be warmed up watching chances and seeing goals,not sitting freezing their *******s off watching the ball get slung sideways repeat infinity

why are we tolerating watching 1 up front even at home

boils my pissssssssssss
    Think we have struggled to play 2 strikers for some time. not really having wingers who can swing in crosses seems to me to a problem.

the system we are playing is akin to playing scabbie queen but substituting cards and knuckles with pins and eyes

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    the system we are playing is akin to playing scabbie queen but substituting cards and knuckles with pins and eyes
    Just don't get his thought process we have poor defenders decent midfielders and good strikers for this league...is his set up negative cause he knows the defence is poor and he's trying to protect them...when I think it's clear with an attacking line up we'd outscore any team in this poor league...United were poor at Dens but what they did do was when they got the ball they moved it at pace... something we're just not set up to do...just think at times he's too scared to lose when we should be bossing games

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It's funny how fate sometimes takes a hand. KT was unavailable and Hartley was forced to find a system without him. It brought out a better team and better results. Like the idea of Byrne and Ness operating in front of the back 4. Your comment about Kane is interesting. what has happened either to him or our team that he is finding himself isolated. Has he "lost" some pace or dig or is there something else that has affected the way he is playing now? Maybe he had a great relationship with Greg Stewart and it's that part that's missing. I thought that your team with Dorrans playing higher up the pitch might be the missing cog in the team which is why I'd Hemmings the jersey to start with.

Feel sorry for Nelson. Seems totally unfair to play him out of position, but keep him in the team because he's shown sparks of what he can do. bit like Rory Loy under Hartley.
    He played with Greg Stewart, ggh and cw33 all great for a striker, he's dependant on Paul McGowan, a striker playing as a winger, a winger (mcdaid) who I like but blows hot and cold and mainly defensive midfielders, need dorrans up the pitch a bit......we also need Kane busting a gut, DJ would imho.

Although kanes nae Gordon Smith or Glenn hoddle he is an elegant type of player for the championship rather than an in a boot them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)