+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT__Telephone Scams

OT__Telephone Scams

Avved some belters in last few days--

First wun told me the police had been informed as my name was being used via my computer identifying me as the head of an international drug trafficking organisation and they were using my bank account to move money around. The caller said they needed access to my account while a wo online to prevent this happening.

Yisterdi I ed wun in a recorded voice saying £600 ed just been tekken from my account by someone in Amsterdam in the last 15 mins and I should allow access to my bank account immediately to correct this and be credited with a refund. I had to Press 1 to benefit from this. The can't lose if tha daft enough to press 1 cos apparently it registers azza call at your expense at £9 a minute premium rates, minimum £9.

Not long ago I edda spate of calls saying my broadband line would be terminated within two hours as my line was being used for criminal purposes. All I eddto do was pay a fee of £200 to block this and prevent my line being cut off.

Thuz some reyt buggers abart but the must be mekkin money or they wouldn't be doing it

There was a programme on Channel 5 last night about scammers and online fraudsters which was frightening!
    They can send a text to your phone that looks like it's from your bank or Amazon as they used in this scenario saying that you will recieve a call within 3 minutes from their fraud department, however it's them ringing you to get your details so they can take money from your account! They actually scammed a bloke who had written massive pieces on how to combat IT Fraud so what chance do normal people have!!!!!!
    Two old blokes were called by the police to say they were being targeted by fraudsters and to call 999 to confirm that it was the police calling them, when they did they got through to the fraudsters who had hacked their phones!
    Unbelivable Jeff.....I sugest you all watch this on catch up so you can try to combat it.

Cold Call , it's a good drama been on Channel 5 all week

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Avved some belters in last few days--

First wun told me the police had been informed as my name was being used via my computer identifying me as the head of an international drug trafficking organisation and they were using my bank account to move money around. The caller said they needed access to my account while a wo online to prevent this happening.

Yisterdi I ed wun in a recorded voice saying £600 ed just been tekken from my account by someone in Amsterdam in the last 15 mins and I should allow access to my bank account immediately to correct this and be credited with a refund. I had to Press 1 to benefit from this. The can't lose if tha daft enough to press 1 cos apparently it registers azza call at your expense at £9 a minute premium rates, minimum £9.

Not long ago I edda spate of calls saying my broadband line would be terminated within two hours as my line was being used for criminal purposes. All I eddto do was pay a fee of £200 to block this and prevent my line being cut off.

Thuz some reyt buggers abart but the must be mekkin money or they wouldn't be doing it
    A friend of mine was scammed by someone purporting to be BT saying that he had not paid his line rental & he was now two months in arrears at £4.95 per month & now owed £9.90
    They said he could pay by credit card so he gave them his banking details & they took over £1500 from his account
    So beware of the small amount trick

Thas setumm off ageeun SB , ent ed wun fo ages , then 2 tuday , a sed police arr ere nar , al purrum on shall I ? Fone went deerd , arr think it Corbyn trying tu raise munny !!!