+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Butcher - New Deal

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    ****, a player you actually like biig man Have you changed your mind about Benji yet? Love the Butch

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/sta...879488000?s=09

This tackle was the exact point that teams realised that we were no longer wee boys in midfield that they could bully! A player that strikes fear into his own team mates is worth his weight in gold. Having a hard c$nt in your team is very helpful!

I genuinely think that Butcher is more important for us than Shankland. Not the greatest footballer but his attitude rubs off on the players around him.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I genuinely think that Butcher is more important for us than Shankland. Not the greatest footballer but his attitude rubs off on the players around him.
    Have had the luxury of watching Utd through the 80’s, and remember being very critical of McInally and Bowman, when they took over midfield (steel over Technique). However years later, when we were subjected to absolute sh!te teams and performances, realised how good and important those guys were, and during the McColl, Brewster, and more recent years, trust me, Butcher is EXACTLY what we need. ❤️

P.S. every other team had a fear of Bowman, if Butcher has the same effect, then 👍👍
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 23-11-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Please remember the level we are at currently......let's not get carried away. Like I say, I hope in the long run he proves me wrong and if he does then brilliant....

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Personally thought he was more than good enough in midfield last time when we were riding high in the prem, his loss and fojut that summer compounded the other losses and we never recovered, if we didn't do this Aberdeen or an Edinburgh club would have came looking to get him imo
    agree, not sure why whitfield and the arab have doubts about him in the Prem? He was decent for us when he was here and i for one was disappointed when he wanted to leave but it said more about the management team at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by RaysRedEye View Post
    ****, a player you actually like biig man Have you changed your mind about Benji yet? Love the Butch
    ha ha ha there's plenty players i like Butch is tremendous for us!! Benji, erm, nah im still not a fan mate

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/sta...879488000?s=09

This tackle was the exact point that teams realised that we were no longer wee boys in midfield that they could bully! A player that strikes fear into his own team mates is worth his weight in gold. Having a hard c$nt in your team is very helpful!
    bang on! we were a soft touch for years

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    agree, not sure why whitfield and the arab have doubts about him in the Prem? He was decent for us when he was here and i for one was disappointed when he wanted to leave but it said more about the management team at the time...
    Not sure what was decent about him when he was here 1st time. He was a bit part player in midfield and usually cover for Paul Paton and was a bit of a disaster at centre half. Time will tell I suppose and I'll back him like every other player.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Not sure what was decent about him when he was here 1st time. He was a bit part player in midfield and usually cover for Paul Paton and was a bit of a disaster at centre half. Time will tell I suppose and I'll back him like every other player.

At that time people were wanting him to start ahead of Rankin and more importantly Paton, he was excellent for the spell from Oct-Jan when we were on fire leading upto the sales of the tim two, away to Motherwell in cup, home to Celtic, the 6-2 (first one), Aberdeen semi, even the Celtic Cup tie after (1-1)

No one wanted him to leave then that I recall and only poor management and decision making saw us lose him, easily our best signing in January this year, the true start of our journey back to where we belong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)