+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Butcher - New Deal

Butcher - New Deal

Brilliant news, been awaiting this

Need to build the team around him and Harkes, as well as guys like McMullan, Robson, Liam Smith etc

Good bit of business. Important player for us and one of the players I think cld cut it in premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Good bit of business. Important player for us and one of the players I think cld cut it in premiership.

Indeed, this makes complete sense!

Great news but Whitfield will be pissed right off. 😛

RIGHT pleased with this! Top man!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Great news but Whitfield will be pissed right off. ��
    Hmmm. When we signed for the second time I was totally underwhelmed but I knew what we were getting - a no nonsense limited player with lots of heart and energy. Has he improved since his 1st stint? Maybe a little. Has he improved us as a team? Yes, very much so. If we were to go up could he hold his own at a higher level? Well he wasn't very good in that league the last time so who knows.

I still feel we need a better quality of player if we are in the top league next season but he might surprise me

If only we could mould Butcher & Harkes into one player.....now that would be something TTT

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Hmmm. When we signed for the second time I was totally underwhelmed but I knew what we were getting - a no nonsense limited player with lots of heart and energy. Has he improved since his 1st stint? Maybe a little. Has he improved us as a team? Yes, very much so. If we were to go up could he hold his own at a higher level? Well he wasn't very good in that league the last time so who knows.

I still feel we need a better quality of player if we are in the top league next season but he might surprise me

If only we could mould Butcher & Harkes into one player.....now that would be something TTT
    Agreed. Risky giving guys new deals with a view to them playing in the Premiership next season, based on their performances at this level. Especially ones whose contracts don't actually run out this year.

Personally thought he was more than good enough in midfield last time when we were riding high in the prem, his loss and fojut that summer compounded the other losses and we never recovered, if we didn't do this Aberdeen or an Edinburgh club would have came looking to get him imo

All teams need some steel in midfield and he provides it.
    And as we've seen he can also do a job at CB in an emergency. So I'm happy with this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)