+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Blackburn Rovers v Barnsley Match Thoughts

I'd normally say a new era begins but that wouldn't be the case .

What we have in the technical area is today is a HC who agrees with the policy ( at least for now ) replacing one who didn't .

Whilst ever the policy exists there is no new era .

The question is can a new HC eliminate the lack of ability and inexperience at this level for the rest of the season that the two previous HC's couldn't breach ? .

What does he have that they didn't ?

Once the chest thumping and bullet point calls to arms are done with then the players eventually have to take the field .

All will be revealed as the championship heads to many months of games coming thick and fast .

The results will be our judge and jury and sound bites haven't won a single point in the entire history of football .

Good luck to the young lads today .

Struber ez 30 games to get 40 pts, that's W1 D1 L1 every three games on average.

He may well evviz better players sold in January. Spud tells us Struber has bought into the Project/Plan so he ezzto accept this and can't be begging for experience to be brought in in January.

Priority is to sort out a defence that is shipping ovva two goals a game. A 0-0 draw at a grey Ewood Park would be a good start.

Blackburn is a 'home' game for me.
    I've been to Ewood Park more than any other ground besides Oakwell but won't be going today.
    My PNE S/T holder mate asked me this morning.
    He's been with me half a dozen times but couldn't persuade me today.
    I got made redundant this week. New bosses with the same principles as Chien.
    Priced all the small investors out of it by putting big fees on investors with less than 20k portfolios, and buying little financial companies up all over the world.
    Hence, much less work and too many staff.
    The wife bought me Football Manager yesterday to keep me occupied.
    I'll have a see what I can do with Barnsley without the age restrictions and let you know how I get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I've been to Ewood Park more than any other ground besides Oakwell but won't be going today.
    Priced all the small investors out of it by putting big fees on investors with less than 20k portfolios, and buying little financial companies up all over the world.
    I'll have a see what I can do with Barnsley without the age restrictions and let you know how I get on.

Never nice to be unemployed

Not at 62.

Good luck Hodger , hope you find something soon, SB runs an escoort agency av earrd !

A point today ? 3 pts from next 2 game's would be better tho , av earrd Bahre has travelled with the squad today ,
    Charlton look impressive ageeun Cardiff today , that Mendez Laing fo Cardiff , is he the lad that played for Rochdale ? If so we were after him a few years back onna free , too old nar tho !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Very sorry to hear that Hodger , I found myself in the same position earlier this year at 57 years of age .

Don't give up mate , there are employers who will value your experience above younger people , I got a very good job after a worrying period .

All the best .

Thanks.
    I'm lucky that i took early retirement 10 years ago so I've got a half decent pension but it's not enough to live on.
    Need to find something to tide me over to 66.
    Not going to worry about it for a couple of months.
    Might start writing a book, I've got an idea for one.
    They say everyone has a good book in them.
    If Katie Price can do it, I'm sure I can.

I can understand where Roma is coming from when he says part of him wants to see us fail .

If you take a long term view of the club , getting relegated with a new low record of points would factually condemn this policy and no amount of spin and bullshyte could make it fit for purpose .

The long term future of the club is significantly more important than one single championship season .

I take the point perhaps other posters can't see that or aren't prepared to take that pain .

With all due respect to Ponte Steve he's fairly typical of many fans today who judge things on a week to week basis , a win today would make Stendel a w@nker and the clubs policy worth sticking with in his eyes .

I'm not attempting to cause bother here because we are ALL to a certain extent guilty of the world we grew up in warts n all .

No disrespect intended Steve .

Team

-------------------- Radlinger ----------------

--- Andersen ---- Diaby ---- Halme --------

J Brown -------------------------------- B Williams --

-----------Sibbick ------- Mowatt --------Bahre ------

-------------- Woodrow -------- Schmidt ----------

That's how I see the formation but could be wrong of course .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast