+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mind set

Mind set

Struber says he's got to change the mindset of his'boys' it's the mindset of these Muppets he's under a contract to and must have agreed with their idiotic policys to change theirs foremost

According to Spud our new manager is "quite clear in having bought into the Project/Plan" when agreeing to join us.

The responsibility for being bottom lies with the owners dealing whoever the coach is--Stendel, Murray, Struber-- a poor hand in terms of throwing a bunch of kids in to compete in one of the toughest leagues in Europe just so that potential profit can be made in two years time.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Struber says he's got to change the mindset of his'boys' it's the mindset of these Muppets he's under a contract to and must have agreed with their idiotic policys to change theirs foremost
    Take away our thoughts abart the owners and their policies and look at it this way-Struber has to deal with things on the pitch to be fair Dools. He knew what he walking into when he took the job. His comment about mindset is probably reight, we have a losing mentality and after what I witnessed last night after the first goal, our heads went. We lost shape and discipline despite only being 1 nil darn and very much still in the game against a poor side. I understand why that happened cos the players are only human and there's only so many set backs or kicks int ballax tha can tek afooar tha loses thi rag. However, I dont excuse it. They're professional and representing this club, tha should never give in. Strubers job is to try and change that and keep some kind of positivity. A very difficult task.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Take away our thoughts abart the owners and their policies and look at it this way-Struber has to deal with things on the pitch to be fair Dools. He knew what he walking into when he took the job. His comment about mindset is probably reight, we have a losing mentality and
    after what I witnessed last night after the first goal, our heads went. We lost shape and discipline despite only being 1 nil darn and very much still in the game against a poor side. I understand why that happened cos the players are only human and there's only so many set backs or kicks int ballax tha can tek afooar tha loses thi rag. However, I dont excuse it. They're professional and representing this club, tha should never give in. Strubers job is to try and change that and keep some kind of positivity. A very difficult task.
    Get a shrink in or a hypnotist job done Pass

I still think we can stay up. The mindset has to be roll on the next game we'll win that one. We can still win 14 matches to give us a shout this season.

The football hasn't exactly been terrible. The 2013/14 relegation and 2017/18 was absolute dross. This isn't. These lads can play. I hope the win comes this saturday and we go on a run.

If we get some 4 wins before january we'll stay up. The owners will get a new lease of life and spend money. If we don't then we are down.

Next six or seven matches are key.

A luv thi optimism Ponte--

"These lads can play"--- but not at this level at their age

"The owners will spend money"---tha shud write Johnson's next speech

Hope thee and your lass are getting into a routine wi bairn and all is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A luv thi optimism Ponte--

"These lads can play"--- but not at this level at their age

"The owners will spend money"---tha shud write Johnson's next speech

Hope thee and your lass are getting into a routine wi bairn and all is going well.
    I don't have that sickening, gut wrenching relegation feeling yet SBRed. I know things are pretty shocking off the pitch. However, on it there's a glimmer of hope. Whilst I've stopped attending I still look forward to Jeff and co after I've watched my racing.

Little George is fine. Laura is doing well too. I'm busy on weekends now with night feeds Friday and Saturday but it isn't bad at all. I get to stay up watching the Cricket. He normally needs a feed and change at 2am then again at 5am. Laura does the last evening feed before she takes him up at 10 or 11pm.

Good to hear Ponte. Thi lads well being is far mooar important than BFC.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-11-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I still think we can stay up. The mindset has to be roll on the next game we'll win that one. We can still win 14 matches to give us a shout this season.

The football hasn't exactly been terrible. The 2013/14 relegation and 2017/18 was absolute dross. This isn't. These lads can play. I hope the win comes this saturday and we go on a run.

If we get some 4 wins before january we'll stay up. The owners will get a new lease of life and spend money. If we don't then we are down.

Next six or seven matches are key.
    I've seen reason for optimism too Steve but at the end of the day we simply aren't good enough to amass enough points unfortunately. However, I will say this- Don't sell any key players, get some experience in and loan a couple o premiership whizzkids this Jan and wiv maybe the slightest chance.

That last half hour at the Riverside was horrible and probably inevitable after the run we've been on. There's only so many knocks our young boys can tek befooar they become numb and lose their feight and enthusiasm. I saw evidence of that in the latter stages of the game on Wednesday neet. Here begins the slide into oblivion me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I don't have that sickening, gut wrenching relegation feeling yet SBRed. I know things are pretty shocking off the pitch. However, on it there's a glimmer of hope. Whilst I've stopped attending I still look forward to Jeff and co after I've watched my racing.

Little George is fine. Laura is doing well too. I'm busy on weekends now with night feeds Friday and Saturday but it isn't bad at all. I get to stay up watching the Cricket. He normally needs a feed and change at 2am then again at 5am. Laura does the last evening feed before she takes him up at 10 or 11pm.
    It wasn’t a happy camp under Stendel. The owners had fallen out with him but more importantly so had some of the players. This eventually came to a head with a certain player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast