+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mowbray Out

and just because the majority of sides in this league are very very very average at best, is simply no excuse.
    If we had anything about us we would be much higher up in this league.
    The standard in this league, this season is woeful. Maybe WBA are ok? Nothing more nothing less. The standard is well beneath what it was 12 months ago.
    I do feel we are at opposite ends of how we see things. For me, the standard (which wasn't great anyway) is way below what it was last season. And we are a far worse side than we where 12 months ago. Not because the other sides are much better. But because we are dreadful.
    Play Elliott Bennett at RB every week, go get a poor GK. Waste millions on a striker and play him wide right, these things will happen. And catch up with you. Quite frankly what other sides do is nothing to do with us. Are we progressing?

Just a note on our attendances.
    We played Barnsley at home in November 1991 and the attendance then was almost identical to Saturday.

Oh dear
    I have just looked at his latest interview and it appears he has had enough with this job.
    Sad thing is what he has achieved at this club is getting overlooked by the current plight.
    Maybe it would be for the best if he did walk as what he achieved at this club was great and should never be forgotten.
    Sadly its turning to anger in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Oh dear
    I have just looked at his latest interview and it appears he has had enough with this job.
    Sad thing is what he has achieved at this club is getting overlooked by the current plight.
    Maybe it would be for the best if he did walk as what he achieved at this club was great and should never be forgotten.

The signs where here last season. After Xmas it was dreadful. We only picked up results after things had gotten very worrying, we beat Derby and Wigan and managed to get away from the relegation zone. The other points we got towards the end of the season was when the other teams had been relegated already (like Bolton) or when sides where already on the beach and nothing was at stake like QPR and Forest etc.
    The 3 month period when we got beat everywhere was awful.
    This season its mostly been awful.
    I had huge concerns on the first game, and said my bit.
    Here we are in Nov and he's still playing Elliott Bennett, and still making the same mistakes every week. I get he's had a few injuries (that every single club also has to deal with) but this is not a team. This is a bunch of individual players thrown together that massively lack direction, tactical nous and any sort of confidence. And its been pretty crap to watch all season tbh.
    He looked fed up and completely out of idea's about 2 moths ago, and even then we where inconsistent at best. We are not as good a side as we where 12 months ago.

I really like TM. I am pretty gutted its turned out like this. But it won't suddenly improve. Once the rot sets in, and it has, you seldom turn it round. Much better managers (right now at this point in time) have lost their jobs, for less than this. Its worth remembering that.

This isnt people calling for Owen Coyle to leave, or Appleton, or Berg due to being completely incompetent since they arrived until they left. This is a very well liked guy, who everybody acknowledged has done a great job, up to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Oh dear
    It is sad, he's done a brilliant job.

I wish he'd stay and just move upstairs. And bring a new manager in. A director of football could be well suited to his great management of the club overall. Maybe the first team just needs a new voice?

A lot of you seem to want him to leave and are not open to contrary opinions, a bit like the House of Commons. As I said earlier, it is the Venkies who hire and fire. To them the fans are a nuisance who won't influence them one bit as our recent past proves. I think Tony will make a decision about his future probably on Xmas Eve when he is tucked up at home with his family. Leave things be as constant carping only makes things worse.

Only TM is making things worse.
    I still hope he turns it round but doubt it very much.

I still can't see that we are in a disaster-zone.
    We were poor on Saturday and won.
    We outplayed Forest and didn't get what we deserved. After a top-notch performance against Reading, we looked pretty terrible against Luton.
    This abysmal inconsistency has plagued us for two seasons (or more!), and obviously Mowbray is the one who will pay for it very shortly.
    Condemning absolutely everything he does, though, just seems plain daft to me. How on earth can such poor performances from two of our better players this season, Travis and Holtby, be laid at the manager's door?
    And is Mowbray responsible for an experienced professional like Armstrong running out of position during almost every attacking move? Armstrong claims that centre-forward is his favoured position. Well, he is never going to be a target-man, so if he wants to base his play on running at the defence, it would be sensible to learn about timing and to ask for a full explanation of the off-side rule!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 25-11-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Our defensive woes go back before TM arrived but, nearly 3 years later, they haven't been resolved. He said that himself.
    The squad is better than its results.
    Tactics none existent.
    Not a disaster zone but disorganised, lacking leadership on and off the pitch and stagnant.
    We need a younger manager who understands the software recently installed.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)