+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mowbray Out

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Acido - you're playing well.
    You were unlucky against us and in the match after that, but the corner has been turned!
    You can start thinking about a play-off place now. I'm only half-joking. The way this League is, a good run can have a team shooting upwards. As for us, I'm making a definite prediction of between third and 16th!.
    Tahh Aucks, but Im not sure what half-joking means actually lol.
    Im sure you've seen it before where a poor team (like us for example!) can hit some form all of a sudden, and it gives new hope to the season.
    And its the same with comfortable mid table teams (also, like us in the past lol!), who hit poor form all of a sudden and the confidence drops, and the season cant end soon enough then!.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    I supported him to November.
    His tinkering is utter stupidity.
    I don't care how many points we end up with he has to go.
    No need to panic, find the right replacement and off he goes.
    But Nyambe, Williams, Dack and Holtby were injured. Changes were inevitable.
    And what does the "right replacement" mean? It's pure guesswork.
    In the end, the "right" replacement is one that works, but you can't tell in advance.
    Look at Pellegrini and look at our spectacularly successful record in recent years!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    But Nyambe, Williams, Dack and Holtby were injured. Changes were inevitable.
    And what does the "right replacement" mean? It's pure guesswork.
    In the end, the "right" replacement is one that works, but you can't tell in advance.
    Look at Pellegrini and look at our spectacularly successful record in recent years!
    And I forgot to mention Evans - another player injured.

TM doesn't learn from his mistakes, just repeats them over again

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    TM doesn't learn from his mistakes, just repeats them over again
    Really?
    In that case, what happened in such games as those against Reading, Brentford and Bristol City?
    Perhaps we should go with the bloke on the Telegraph site who argues that for those matches Mowbray had been relieved of his duties for the week, with Damien Johnson put in charge instead.

I don't read the LET site and don't understand anyone who does.
    We had a good run because we had a steady team with more players in their best positions. How many times do I have to say it?

But how do you account for the Bristol game, with six changes?
    It totally contradicts what you're saying.

Before the lockdown we moved closer to the playoffs and, sometimes, looked like we might squeeze into the top six.

I wondered what had changed to enable this and the most obvious answer was a much more settled side.

Perhaps all the injuries prevented TM from tinkering and the improvement was despite him?

Discuss .....

Seventwo - I suspect you know my answers!

1) The "ability" of a particular manager varies throughout his career.
    2) The ability of the manager is only one of many factors, anyway, but football fans and media usually identify it as the only one that matters.
    3) Quite a lot of what happens in an individual game is random.
    4) If I had to identify one key factor, I would say it is "confidence".

Yes, nothing like a settled side to breed confidence.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)