+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley in or out?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you really want me to apportion blame for the disaster of last season, I would split it equally between the chairman, the managers, and the players. You seem to want to put the vast majority of it on the chairman. For me that lets the managers and players off far to easily, because they were abysmal in the main.
    Hope those splinters don't hurt too much. Equally split lol

Players were not far off disgraceful, the management was poor throughout but yes the prize for biggest culprit and by some distance in my eyes and I suspect most was the Chairman's decisions and behaviour. American daytime Soap Opera type stuff with no happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Hope those splinters don't hurt too much. Equally split lol

Players were not far off disgraceful, the management was poor throughout but yes the prize for biggest culprit and by some distance in my eyes and I suspect most was the Chairman's decisions and behaviour. American daytime Soap Opera type stuff with no happy ending.
    That might well be a valid view if we were storming this league once the bad guy had gone. The 'time to gel' excuse has long gone, but the last couple of games have hardly suggested that we are on an upwards trajectory. The owners have given the manager excellent backing for the level we play at, so let's all hope he repays them.

Last season I saw us take on two local teams and contenders for promotion and we matched one of them, Lincoln, and beat the other, Mansfield. 3 days later we played Newport and pathetically got hammered. We were pretty much garbage for the rest of the season.

How was that anything to do with the chairman?

So who's fault was it?

The players? Selected by the manager.

The manager? Selected by the chairman.

Why is this so hard to understand? It's nothing new. That's how it always works.

Read back through the thread, it's all there for you chap. The Chairman is ultimately responsible, that's nothing new in football or any sort of business.

Let's leave it to the people in charge, let them make the decisions. The fanbase are clearly split, not definitive either way.

We can all get back to cheering on the players and hoping for 3 points this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    So who's fault was it?

The players? Selected by the manager.

The manager? Selected by the chairman.

Why is this so hard to understand? It's nothing new. That's how it always works.

Read back through the thread, it's all there for you chap. The Chairman is ultimately responsible, that's nothing new in football or any sort of business.

Let's leave it to the people in charge, let them make the decisions. The fanbase are clearly split, not definitive either way.

We can all get back to cheering on the players and hoping for 3 points this evening.
    The chairman doesn't pick the players though does he? The chairman buys the players the manager wants and the manager is then responsible for how they play and ultimately the team's results - THAT'S how it works.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 26-11-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Last season I saw us take on two local teams and contenders for promotion and we matched one of them, Lincoln, and beat the other, Mansfield. 3 days later we played Newport and pathetically got hammered. We were pretty much garbage for the rest of the season.

How was that anything to do with the chairman?
    For 2 games we played out of our skins. For 44 games we didnt. I think its safe to say that over the 46 games the chairman had plenty to do with the teams performance based on some of the big decisions he made.

If we lose tonight then out.

For freezing out capable youngsters for the old guard, not dropping players that have been dreadful all season, not changing a losing team and for changing a winning side when we do win, it is a out from me.
    I wanted Ardley to turn things around but I fear that he can not do it, so we need a change now to keep the play off dream alive as this team should be much higher in the table and be playing much better football than we are currently doing

Out

Out

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast